Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

best mod for $$

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: best mod for $$

Its just a shot that comes out. --50 shot-- And you should be wide open throttle when you push the button. If you don't have the gas pedal depressed at all then you could just purge the system if you have a purge valve.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

you can control how much sprays with "jets" in the system. Im no nitrus expert but i know a little bit about it. Some systems are set up to kick in at WFO. and some are button systems. IMO theres better ways to upgrade a engine unless drag racing, or just go the fun factor. What about a new ignition? Do they help or are more for more modded motors? Again im more into the atv/motorcycle engines so what i know about those probally dosent apply in cars, or it might.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

just a question about n2o, you know the switch on your steering wheel? When you press it, does the entire bottle empty? Or is controllable, like when you press it n2o comes out, then when you let off the switch the n2o stops coming out? And do you have to be pressing on the gas when you press the button for it to work?
when you hit the button, you hold it for only 10-12 seconds, about enought for a 1/4 mile run. the jet sizes control how much nozz you put in the engine. and a bottle will usually last 10-15 1/4 miles i hear depending on the jet size. and also 1 degree of timing retard for every 50 hp used is a general rule of thumb from what i read

Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: INJENalltheway

Its just a shot that comes out. --50 shot-- And you should be wide open throttle when you push the button. If you don't have the gas pedal depressed at all then you could just purge the system if you have a purge valve.
so when you say a shot, you mean you press the button, and the shot automatically comes out? Like you press it and a set amoun comes out? And i've seen purge valves before,pretty cool lookin.

ORIGINAL: ef4life

when you hit the button, you hold it for only 10-12 seconds, about enought for a 1/4 mile run. the jet sizes control how much nozz you put in the engine. and a bottle will usually last 10-15 1/4 miles i hear depending on the jet size.
you say you hold it for 10-12 seconds, can you let it off earlier? Or do you need to hold it down the entire time?

And is the jet size what determines the shot size? I never knew what a "50 shot" meant, i just knew it determined how much n2o was being put out.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

50 shot mean about 50 HP from the spray. Now you dont have to holdit the entire time. its like the gas pedel when you push it gas is delivered to the carb or FI. same with spray you push the button spray comes out.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Now i dont cara about peak hp numbers tq is where its at IMO yes a high hp number is nice and all but tq is what gets you moving.
This is why I can tell you are all about the ATV's. I had a Raptor 660 a few years ago! fun fun.... Anyway with Honda's, tq is not where its at. Yes its important, but hp is what you want. Tq may get you moving, but hp keeps you moving! If you have a D16Z6 you want to turbo it. You can be close to 200 hp on that motor and its still going to be reliable with a good tune. As for nitrous, its cheap at first, but its going to get expensive. turbo z6's kick ***!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

ok i know hp in important, but tq is just as important. So you say a turbo is good? dont you have to insure it as turbod or something?

Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

no. i've never heard of that - having to insure it as turboed

also, people focus on HP instead of tq with civics because civics have a reputation of have very low tq that can only be increased through a LOT of money

Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

ok so it seems like forced induction is the way to go? Looks like im goin to search the site when i get home from work tonight to find out how much $$ im looking at, because im looking for low cost effective mods for the car, and i still need to paint my car as it got tagged last halloween[:@]