Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

the best synthetic oil ???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

The Honda filters are good, but the Mobil 1 ones are better. The only downside to the Mobil 1 filters is that they're more expensive but other than that they are great.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

anyone else have an opinion on sticking with mobil 1 oil filter or honda oil filters? if mobil 1 is better then, i will stick with them

Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

I used to use Pennzoil platinum and Fram synthetic filters (yes yes, I know, Pennzoil is only;y average and fram sucks)

Now I use Amsoil and K&N filters, definite improvement. Engine runs smoother and my filter actually dose a decent job of filtering.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

You guys know these are honda motors, they're not advanced pieces of equipment or finely tuned engines. The oil you use will not make a different in performance, as long as you change it at regular intervals, you'll see no difference from brand to brand. This topic always get drawn out too far. And there's nothing wrong with Fram oil filters, there's a reason why they're such a large brand stocked in so many stores nationwide.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
You guys know these are honda motors, they're not advanced pieces of equipment or finely tuned engines. The oil you use will not make a different in performance, as long as you change it at regular intervals, you'll see no difference from brand to brand. This topic always get drawn out too far. And there's nothing wrong with Fram oil filters, there's a reason why they're such a large brand stocked in so many stores nationwide.
#1 tests have proven fram filters are garbage, just google it
#2 while many will not notice a difference in oils, that does not mean certain oils do not help to prolong engine life.

that's like saying, well I have a high metabolism so any junk food I eat won't affect me, when in reality, it still does.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

i second that fram is garbage and you do get what you pay for regarding oil.do some research

Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

? Wait, you're telling me to do research? lol, give me a break, I stand by what I say. And don't take what I say to the furthest extent. When I say Fram filters are fine, that doesn't mean they're the best, they're fine for the conditions they're used in. And I didn't say different oil types don't prolong the life of internal comb. engines. And don't play analogies unless they're directly related with what I say.

I have a high metabolism so I eat a lot of junk food.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

valvoline synthetic power works for me, for the filter i like the K&N because of the wrench off

Old 03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

well you probably want to reword it because what you said in your first post if way different than the last, just saying.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

I use mobil 1 oil and AcDelco filters. Works pretty well for me.

Quick Reply: the best synthetic oil ???????????????