Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Car won't start

Well I'm not too sure what's wrong with it but when I turn the key to start it, it just makes a quiet sound. It done it before but would start eventually by playing around with it. I could get it started, but this time it doesn't want to go. I'll be bringing it to a friend of the family who is a mechanic and have him take the car for a ride and have a look at the engine and everything. I can't really tell you guys much more than that because I don't have a clue, hoping you guys might have an idea with the little info. ive given you. Alls I know is when I started it the last time, it didn't sound right when it started. So I turned it off and tried starting it again to see if it would make that sound but it wouldn't go. Anyways.. I can't wait until I get my engine swap lol.. but until then I'd still like to be able to drive my car

Old 06-08-2006, 04:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car won't start

Were you playin around with the battery cables is how you got it started last time?Did any light come on when you were drivin it last time and heard the noise?

Old 06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

No I was just playing around with the ignition and pedals last time.. and I just went out there now and I think it might be that it's not picking up that I have my cluth engaged when I try to start it so it won't let the engine turn. So I'm thinking it must have something to do with the cluth. It turned for a couple seconds when I was pushing the cluth in and out while turning the ignition. No idea what to do about it though, if that is the problem with it.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

Well I was able to jump start it so it's at the shop now and the mechanic is going to have a look at it tomorrow.