Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

d15b7 mini-me

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: d15b7 mini-me

I've decided to go FI and will use a z6 head and workings previously discussed as well as a FMU. I am unsure of what to expect to pay for the head,IM,"Dizzy"? The local shop I frequent will be doing several swaps in Feb. and some of the kids might have what I need. What to offer maybe? as the net does not seem to have many if any for sell. I will be working the head over(machining and such) before I disable my only car for the hours it will take to put it in. I have a clean T25 I was looking at but what is the story on SS Auto Chromes set up for the d16 for $ 950.00 shipped(this might belong in a diff forum please excuse me)?

Thanks again
http://ssautochrome.com/

Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

umm, not sure on prices, check ebay (watch the feedback!) but i just found out the proper way to do the distributor with a 96+ on an older car. you use the plugs from the stock one, and wire them up to the 96+ harness, otherwise it wont bolt up right, it could be made to work, but it wont look nice and wont allow as much adjustment on the timing.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

Are you saying plug gaps and wires or just gapping for the B7? And I would still use the "Dizzy" from Z6. Correct? And would a MDS ign system negate all of the above?

Sacicons : thanks for the ebay idea just not much to choose from(Heads too incomplete). I appreciate the info update. It will help.

I have found a workable head I believe, now it's just down to the specifics to get the optimal outcome. I may come up with more questions . Thanks again
By the way any feedback on http://ssautochrome.com turbos?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

no, use the electrical connection plugs, the ones that feed voltage and stuff to and from the dizzy and wire the plugs from your old one to the new ones wires.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

Well to update the head is in the day spa getting worked over. I got the IM,head,"Dizzy",and header for 50 big ones. That helps I was wondering what kind of HP gains might I get as I have internals to include: Comptech cam, Topline pistons,Crower valve springs&retainers, and omni valve set. also externals to include STR fuel rail, B&m Press regulator(w/gauge) ignition system to be determined as MSD has a few options just not sure which one. If you have any suggestions please let me know as I can still send this stuff back. Parts go in on Feb.10th two days after 1st Dyno and 2 days before 2nd. doing these to say where I have come and plan for the turbo set up in july. Also the car will utilize AEM CAI and header back exhaust already on the car. DC 4-2-1 will also be in place. Any input will be welcome.

Thanks again,(And I will post before pics and after pics late Feb)

Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 AM
HCF Member

I know I promised pics(and seeing how some as well as myself are not liking the current color scheme(see tire pic in diff forum)I will wait...been REALLY busy lately. I have however broke(dropped from bed of truck at 30mph bounced good though)the first head and on to the next(got it for a pack of cigs). Sold cam and am going with ZEX stage 2 cam and new head only needs valve job has 52k on it and was super clean. have held off on fuel system for now as not needed for current set up. will use Teg fuel injectors(already on could not wait)though. Everyone has been patient at the shop I am going to so when all motor set up is done it should be fun. At that time i'll show the wares

Old 03-06-2005, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

Z6 v-tec head: complete will install first weekend in April 05
Valve job & Head cleaning
Omni Power valves(flat head)
Crower titanium springs & retainers
Comp Cam 53000-Too many reviews not to buy again
Topline OEM pistons & rings
Skunk2 Adj. cam gear
Golden Eagle blockguard-For future boost
ACL rod, thrust,and main bearings
MSD Blaster Coil SS
MSD Extreme Power Cap
Intake, Exhaust gaskets,Valve,Cam,Crank Seals
Y8 head gasket(for now to boost compression until I go Turbo)
Z6 IM
P28 ECU
DC 4-2-1 header Cer.Coat
'95 EX 5 speed manual transmission(goes in March,19,05)

Future Mods list: planned for late June or early July according to better halfs budget design
STR Fuelrail
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
SSAutochrome T3/T4 Turbo w/intercooler(Seen one on a local Z6,runs and sounds good. That car is quick. 7psi daily driver.)

I know some kinda motorswap would have worked but with the money I have invested sh*t I could not have done this as quickly or as affordably on some B series motor.I know it is low compression but I am kinda patient.
I think my project will boogie before turbo what do you guys think? I will still dyno after install. And again after turbo.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

nice. that sounds great. it ought to have a bit of go. post those dynos when you get them.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:03 PM

the z6 head will give u a 10.10: 1 c/r. the y8 will give u 10.52: 1 c/r so really not a wholelotta difference. glad u chose the z6 head though imad. i got one myself and in the process of restoring. good luck with the swap. keep us posted.

-B

Old 03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

Not sure but I am looking at at mid to low 9:?:1.
The stock Z6 piston should keep my cr down to allow for more boost. 9.5:1 (P28-AO1)

It gets close: http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm

It claims mid to high 8s..but We all no better. Should not be that far off though.