Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Gude (Performance Heads) 147hp on stock D16!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Default Gude (Performance Heads) 147hp on stock D16!!!

Ok.. after going to the car show today and talking to some more people/friends i got referred to GUDE Performance for the first step in building up my engine. I checked back posts on here but no info worth reading about that i found.. Lots of reputation and props though were found doing a search on the net. Only found one pricing package from accordperformance .. for 1550.. but waiting on email back hopefully this week from GUDE with details of price etc.. good thing i seen is that they do all the work included in the package vs having to buy more aftermarket parts that will cost more $$$.. and potentially may not be as good.. just checking again to see if anyone else has any input on these heads including build info for bottom end.. not sure if its set compression that they do when milling head but i did see mention of 11:2:1 ratio....just not sure which pistons i would be looking to purchase .. plus i wasnt sure if i would have to convert to obd1 for this and also if tune would be needed right away .. or if just the build would run stable until a tune could be afforded..Gude Performance

Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Default RE: Gude (Performance Heads)

Well since no replys i will update.. i got response back from Gude.. head costs 1650 .. plus core.. which means just gotta get cheapest head/tb/IM i can find that is in working condition and send to them..for that i get a Dyno tested 144/147 whp and around 120 lbs of tq.. this is not including the bolt ons i already have.. plus if i go ahead and do bottom end of block while i do this and put in some Arias pistons and get rods shotpeened with a tune im assuming i should be able to hit near or above 200whp on NA D16.. but going to email Exospeed for info on thier heads as well to see if they have any tested info and details on compression..if anyone thinks this is not realistic or have heard bad things about Gude please let me know.. i seen a few bad posts on them on a forum and then of course.. right after i see Exospeed saying.. oh buy our stuff so not sure if that was just a bash to get them business or not.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:27 AM

the only thing i know about gude is the cams are regrinds, but so are exospeeds. i was looking ia gude head package for my car, but no one had anything to say. i say try it, it can't be that be any worse than stock

Old 08-21-2006, 01:08 PM
HCF Member

You will not make 147whp on a stock block D series

Old 08-21-2006, 01:36 PM

lol i love your logic Marty.. do you have any links for me .. that might show what kinda hp i would be making? im going off of thier dyno charts .. they have examples where the head is on stock block and race built block..

Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 PM

ZC or D16A1 pistons will net 12.6ish:1 compression. And D16A6 pistons will yield 10.85ish:1. That's with stock everything. Using a thinner headgasket or milling your head can make it higher.

:edit: If I did the calculations right lol.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:43 PM

this is a subject of interest to me as well. I have heard people say that gude is very difficult to work with, but that the head package is really nice. I do not know anything about gude, or what they do to the head, but I have heard good performance numbers from people, but mostly i hear people bash their customer service and a handfull say that gude will not treat you, or your head work with the same care as they do their bigger clients with sponsered race cars. If you decide to go with gude, please be kind enough to leave some feedback on them and a rundown of what they do for you, and how much power you actually end up getting at the wheels.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:45 PM

I've heard some bad business practices from Exospeed also.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

Let me rephrase what I said, you may make that kind of power on a stock block n/a but in noway would you be able to drive it on the street. The cam would have to be so agressive you would about need a 2000rpm idle and allways have to actually launch the car. Now if you were to up the compression to around 11 to 1 and use lighter bottom end assembly with a full tune on a stand alone 150whp and above becomes alot easier to live with on the street.

I dont have any links other than akmee which was making mid 130's on the whp with a valve terrain and cam upgrade. Their head package is around $700 I think and on stock block i have seen those dyno's put down and high 14's being ran on a Z6.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Last year around Christmas Akmee had some great deals on their products.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gude (Performance Heads) 147hp on stock D16!!!