Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

H series swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Default H series swap questions

Ok, I have a 95 dx and want to do a swap down the road i.e. 6 months or so. I was wondering how difficult an H series would be to swap in. I see the mount kits they make for them and was wondering, besides those and obvious things i should replace at the time what else needs to be replaced in order to do the swap? I have done two swaps before and numerous tranny swaps, but they have all been on either my cousins vette or my old 69 Grand prix(both auto).

I understand how to swap the motor in the sense of pulling it and replacing wires, but havent done any fuelie stuff. Carbs make this kind of stuff so much easier!!! Anyways, how difficult is the swap to do, what do I need to do it and are ther any other alternatives.

The reason I want this swap is because it is a decent amount of hp and is cheap. My last car (the 69) had 390 hp pand 475 trq. so im not trying to mimic that, but I want something relatively fast. Also any mpg estimates for this or possible alternatives?

Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Default RE: H series swap questions

you need to get the engine in, the easiest way is from the bottom with an h series. you might need a front traction bar setup to clear a header. you would need the right axles for it. aslo the shhifter cables and shifter assembly would need to be custom fit to your car. then wireing up the vtec and intake manifold butterflys. it will get good mpg because it is a bigger engine pulling around a small car.

www.hasport.com
www.explicitspeedperformance.net

Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Default RE: H series swap questions

Do the ebay kits just blow that badly that I shouldnt even consider them? Also, the traction bar so the body doesnt torque or so the headers dont scrape from a crouch? Sorry, Im just not seen the traction bar purpose, does it eliminate a cross member? This is what happens when you focus on driving in a straight line more than handling [&:]