Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Help Help Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Default Help Help Help!!

Hi
I ran my car today for about 1 hour just sittin there and after that i took it for about a 40 min drive. When i got home and sat it in the garage still runnning it started to slowly overheat. The rad was full b4 i started the car bc i checked it. Also the resovoir tank was full. After i drove it and parked it still running the resovoir tank was full to the top almost overflowing and on my intake and engine bay was overspray of coolant (Looks like it is leaking from the cap on the resovoir tank). Why isnt my rad sucking in the coolant from the resovoir tank when it is needed???
Thx josh

Old 05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help Help Help!!

your resovior tank should not be full in the first place, should be about half full, when your engine gets hot it forces fluid into the resovior. if the resovior is full it will get out some where. it will only take fluid from the resovoir if rad is low.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Default RE: Help Help Help!!

Yes i know that but its not taking the coolant from the resovoir when it needs it. The rad well run low and my car overheats and the tank fill right up but when the rad needs it it well not go back into the system. Do u know why by any chance???
Thx josh