Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

How can i get my civic faster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How can i get my civic faster?

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

ORIGINAL: hondabboy

[sm=nxsmile.gif]
nitrous + stock D16 = ouch

tune well and be happy

Old 04-21-2005, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

there are 2 ways to do things to your car.

1) The right way

2) The wrong way

utalize rule #1 and u can have a turboed car with nitrous and it will still be a daily driver. it is possible.....do it the wrong way and once ur done replacing all the broken shti..........ull realize it woulda been cheaper to just do it the right way.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:24 AM

i know plenty of d-series motors with 75 shot and no problems just like pcupo said theres a right way and a wrong way. but its always fun ot take your old d-series motor and spray the **** out of it run about 14's and then blow it in the finish line HEHEHEHE. of course we always had a new motor that was better to replace it.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:11 PM

Build the engine up like put pistons, cams, valves, polish the ports. etc. By doing all of this then throw a turbo on it then you will have one bad *** SOHC civic
they'd have to be low compression pistons and turbo cams and not n/a cams.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: fast93civic

Wait a minute, "
unfortunately, with the d-series, boost is really the only way to go from here
." Hell no, not neccessaraly. It really depends all on if you want to go all motor or turbo. You can make your civic pretty damn fast with out a turbo. But it all depends on what you want, turbos are good, but not the only option. Some of the things that you can get now are a aftermarket intake manifold, larger throttle body, bigger cam/s, bigger injectors, performance ECU and other. I mean yea if you want to get a turbo and drop about $2000 go for it, but for less you can do other things to make your car fast. I guess it also depends on how fast you want to go also.
for the price of a manifold, a throttle body, a cam, injectors, and a new ecu or a chipped ecu, you would be damn close to a b swap. or if ur dead set on sock performance, you could, like others have said, go with lower comp pistons, maybe a turbo cam, and give the block a good bath and maybe hone it as well. it would be quick

Old 04-22-2005, 08:55 PM

building the motor is much more fun, but as much money as u spend on building the motor to the max, you could've had a turbo.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

This, coming from the guy who cut his front springs. Make a car fast yourself before you tell others how to go about it.
If you read in my other posts I didn't cut the springs jack ***, the people who I bought the car from did! And I haven't had time to get the new suspension put on.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

as far as turbo or naturally aspirated goes, its your choice really.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:27 PM

Pick 2 Fast, Cheap, Reliable.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:32 PM

wondering about turbo i have 92k miles on my 98 ex what do u guys think about runnin it with a fmic at 5 psi?

Quick Reply: How can i get my civic faster?