Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

I need a motor swap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
HCF Member
Exclamation I need a motor swap!

I posted a thread in another section and I didnt intead on making another one but i figured this section is really where this thread belongs, basicly i blew the motor on my 2000 civic ex 5 speed and i need a new one. id like to cost efficiently upgrade if i can but im workin with about $700 and this needs to get done this month. im D.i.y.-ing it and basicly im just really confused on what motors will fit, if ill need different motor mounts, wiring harnesses or ecu to upgrade. this is a n/a build for a d.d. an integra or si motor sounds great but with all the different variations i just dont know where to start. im gunna start the tear apart tomarrow but i dont wanna start taking stuff apart if i dont know whats going in its place. im probably going to delete the a.c. because i frankly just dont wanna deal with it. im willing to frankenstein an engine with different heads or create a pullapart special. CAN I GET A HONDA DOCTOR PLZ!?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

UPDATE! ive found a 95 integra b18 for 450 bucks. will it fit up to my trany? what should i do for motor mounts, harness and ecu??

Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by skatony
UPDATE! ive found a 95 integra b18 for 450 bucks. will it fit up to my trany? what should i do for motor mounts, harness and ecu??
I posted in your other thread, but I will answer you specific questions that are posted here.

The D series trans you have will not bolt to a B series motor.

You would need to buy mounts, and an ECU. The harness could be re-used I would assume.

Also, if the motor you are putting in is OBD1, you may run into emissions problems as you have an OBD2 vehicle. In many areas, putting in a motor which is older than the vehicle is technically illegal.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

im in cleveland n its not illegal but i forgot bout the obd1 n 2. dwamn.. i guess im gunna do a direct replacement for a d16 cuz im not about to spend over a grand, specially if its not gunna mount to my tranny... i also wanted to keep vtech but dohc isnt that big of a deal to me. i guess i better keep it simple stupid