Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Mini me swap or New Engine? Which has more bang for the buck!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Default RE: Mini me swap or New Engine? Which has more bang for the buck!?

check the write up on here for the other parts needed.. theres one in the DIY section.. other parts shouldnt cost much more than 200-300 bucks

Old 05-25-2006, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

Alright thanks, Ill be sure to check that out. My step dad also works at a Honda dealership so I can get the parts at discount prices.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

I'm starting to acquire the parts.. I emailed procivic about getting a good deal for a new TB, intake manny, I/H/E.. so hopefully I can get a good deal buying all those parts from them.. ill have to wait and see. Then all ill need is the parts for my mini swap, which I can hopfully get for a couple hundred as I only need the head, head gasket, p2p ecu, and not sure what else..

Old 05-26-2006, 10:25 AM

an extra cost to keep in mind that will be well worth it would be to get the head rebuilt if you can find a machine shop near that will do it.. cams would be optional.. but at least port/polish and valve job.. that way it is a cleaned up head

Old 05-26-2006, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

you will not get 200whp out of a mini me and bolt ons. i would forget the I/H/TB/IM because for that money you could get a sweet custom-pieced turbo kit. i would recommend against the I/H/TB/IM because the I/H will be a waste with a turbo and the TB and IM dont do much but increase throttle response in your car. but an exhaust would help if you can afford that.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

I would be getting everything including an exhaust system. But maybe I could go with turbo and a Mini but how much would that run me in $$ ? I just never considered it cause I thought its bad on the car over time.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

budget 1.5k total. thats for the mini me and turbo. put another 350 or so towards an exhaust and you'll be set.

Old 05-27-2006, 03:02 AM

For that cost Nail you should layout with links all the places to get these parts that you are talking about.. then add in the cost of labor and tuning.. .. basically like i stated before unless you are going to a junkyard to find all of these peices.. and then doing it yourself.. you will never get close to that cost.. tune alone will run you 500 or near..

One thing i will add that Nail is right about.. if you decide on turbo in the near future.. or even SC for that matter. you have to consider that you will be replacing parts you just bought.. IE Headers for exhaust manifold for turbo.. also you will have to modify your intake.. then on supercharger you replace the intake manifold..so if you are going with boost right away keep in mind those costs as being a loss.. or resell

Old 05-27-2006, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

Alright well maybe ill do a mini me and put a turbo on. No clue where to go for a turbo or which one to get. Nail do you have any links or info regarding that? And thats for the tip, if it means more HP for the same price or less then I'm in

Old 05-27-2006, 07:04 PM

just type a search for turbo shopping list.. you will find a list in the threads.. then start watching ebay and junkyards

Quick Reply: Mini me swap or New Engine? Which has more bang for the buck!?