HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   More HP (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/more-hp-77107/)

reaper2022 07-24-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by candyman420 (Post 658899)
yes you can...i am puttin a d15b7 with z6 head together it will have close to 200hp...

Uh huh. Sure. Single cam with upgraded bottom end and a port/polished head putting down 200whp by itself? Not going to happen. And what valve job are we getting done? There's more than one type, you know.

The stock cam is going to be a restriction by that time, as is the intake manifold and throttle body. On the intake side, once those are upgraded, the intake pipe itself becomes a restriction. So you swap to individual throttle bodies. But what's this? Your 4-2-1 header isn't that efficient? So you swap to an equal-length race header. Now your cat is the restriction, so you swap to a high-flow and mandrel-bent 2.25" cat-back exhaust with a flow-through muffler. Now, you get a tune that's aggressive as f**k, running 12:1 AFRs or richer, with ignition advance out the a**, which means you need higher octane fuel. Not only that, but your fuel economy goes down thanks to the rich-a** AFR you need to get the power you want. But what's this? Stock injectors already run 80% duty cycle and the more you push them, the more their efficiency decreases exponentially? Now you need slightly bigger injectors to put on your now-unreliable (for a DD) car. Then you might have a 200whp D-series, but I still doubt it, especially given that the Z6 can barely put down horsepower figures in the triple digits in stock form.

When I see it run on a freshly calibrated dyno with altitude correction and see a polaroid of the dyno graph or the original graph itself, I'll believe it.

candyman420 07-24-2009 10:31 AM

ok i guess when its done i come to where your at and smoke ur stupid mustang...belaive it or not im not even gunna bore the cylinders!!i wont have to upgrade any intake or throttle body or injectors!! already have dc header with stock cat with pipe threw it... and the valves are a friend of mines special custom job...plus i dont even have the p28 computer hooked up for the vtec to work!! when its totally finish... it will get dynoed.. i let you know...
you realize this is civic forum?

NIKE H34D 07-24-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by candyman420 (Post 658904)
ok i guess when its done i come to where your at and smoke ur stupid mustang...belaive it or not im not even gunna bore the cylinders!!i wont have to upgrade any intake or throttle body or injectors!! already have dc header with stock cat with pipe threw it... and the valves are a friend of mines special custom job...plus i dont even have the p28 computer hooked up for the vtec to work!! when its totally finish... it will get dynoed.. i let you know...

I garentee reaper knows mmore about civics than you so just stfu and gtfo
http://kwacky.blogspot.com/uploaded_...him-774450.jpg

trustdestruction 07-24-2009 11:53 AM

Wait... you seriously think you can make 200WHP with a N/A D-series, without having to use nitrous? HA

You have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, if you were making 200WHP, yes, you would need higher flow injectors. Second of all, you won't make enough power to constitute higher flow injectors so I guess you're half right... but you won't make anywhere near your power goal. lol!

reaper2022 07-24-2009 11:53 AM

200whp isn't going to smoke my mustang.

And I'm sorry, I forgot that you know more than everyone here. Have fun with your "200hp" d16. By the way, I said "equal-length race manifold", not "overpriced hunk of inefficient-flowing s**t". Does your DC piece look like this?
http://mycomputerninja.com/%7Ejon/ho...otoHeader2.JPG

What's that? It doesn't? Then I guess it's an unequal-length manifold, which doesn't flow as well.

You won't have to upgrade your intake manifold or throttle body? So what you're saying is the stock intake that was designed by engineers for the express purpose of providing air to the 170cfm-flowing head is going to be able to supply air to the modified engine that flows better and not become a restriction? Wow, I always thought the intake manifold was made of aluminum, not pixie dust and magic. And why exactly don't you have the vtec wired up? You know it improves power, right? It switches the cam profile to a slightly more aggressive one to allow better flow at higher rpm's. But I'm sure you know that since you're a professional tuner, right?

If you haven't noticed a pattern in what I'm saying (and since you seem like an ignorant uneducated douche, I can safely assume you've never noticed a pattern in anything), the key word here is flow. It takes three things to make power: air, fuel, and an ignition device. They all need to be balanced to do anything with them. To make more power, you get more air flowing through the engine faster, add more fuel, and light it up. But you should know all about that, Mr. Professional Tuner. And your friend's port/polish job? I'm sure he's the best around, right? Knows exactly what he's doing, right? Went to college for fluid dynamics, right? He knows how to achieve the most volume without sacrificing velocity, right? Knows the difference between laminar and turbulent flow and how to use both of them correctly and efficiently, right? That's what I thought.

By the way, what's your fuel mapping going to look like? What's your AFR going to be? Ignition advance? Oh, wait. That's right. You're just slapping parts together without a real plan and assuming it works well together.

And you're not the first one to ask me if I know this is a civic forum. Did you think you were being clever or something? And you're not the first person to think their underpowered economy car is faster than my mustang. Honestly, I don't give a flying f**k in january even if it is. Trust me, I'll sleep perfectly tonight despite the fact that people have cars faster than my mustang. I don't need to feel like my car is the fastest thing on the planet to make myself feel like I have a big penis.

Nike, you should know me better than that. I'd rather publicly humiliate him via complete and utter pwnage than I would quietly ban him. It's more fun for me this way :D

Besides, I love it when n00bs come to the forum and assume I'm some douche that's never owned a civic, especially not a clean-ass ej1 that was, at one time, the lowest car on coil springs on the forum. I also love it when the same n00bs assume I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Because, you know, I haven't been working on cars for 7 years now, and I'm definitely not a dealer tech, nor did I go to school to be a mechanic. I obviously know nothing about cars and am completely making things up and/or talking out my ass, right? :rolleyes:

Lewy2k 07-24-2009 12:07 PM

Believe me, they're excited to see you try and pull 200 hp lol
What a joke.

reaper2022 07-24-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lewy2k (Post 658925)
Believe me, they're excited to see you try and pull 200 hp lol
What a joke.

I don't give a rat's ass in alaska if he hits 200 or not. I'm just going to be waiting for the "Hey guys I raised my compression through the roof, didn't touch the ignition timing, and ran 87 octane gas and now my car sounds funny, dies at idle, and smokes a lot" thread.

Lewy2k 07-24-2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022 (Post 658928)
I don't give a rat's ass in alaska if he hits 200 or not. I'm just going to be waiting for the "Hey guys I raised my compression through the roof, didn't touch the ignition timing, and ran 87 octane gas and now my car sounds funny, dies at idle, and smokes a lot" thread.

Shouldn't be too long lol

tnewk12 07-27-2009 07:15 PM

candy@ss, i mean candyman just got pwnd haha

symbiotic_disharmony 07-27-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by tnewk12 (Post 659592)
candy@ss, i mean candyman just got pwnd haha

See kids, this is what happens when you try to talk sh!t to someone who actually knows their stuff. Complete and utter pwnage.