Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

MY NEW 04 CIVIC IS SO SLUGGISH!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Default MY NEW 04 CIVIC IS SO SLUGGISH!

Man i just traded in my 92 accord ex coupe for a brand new 04 civic coupe ex and i must say i love this civic, its so freakin clean, but it sux at performance. I thought my old accord had more power, well it felt like it did and it was a 4 cylinder just like my new civic, cept my civic is a vtech and the old accord wasnt. I dont know i guess i was just expecting more power out of the new 04 civic. Ok anyways, to the point. What should i do to this car to make it really and noticabley "GO" when i hit the gas? Like i want to feel the force of my car pulling me when i hit the gas. It doesnt do that...i seriously need more power and im not good at working on cars and stuff, but my grandpa said he will install anything for me as long as i get the parts. Since he is a mechanic and all i can learn how to install the stuff by watching him. So just tell me what yall think i should get to fix it up to get it to really haul. Thanx alot.

Old 07-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Default RE: MY NEW 04 CIVIC IS SO SLUGGISH!

Can no one seriously help me here? Maybe this forum isnt to popular and not many people are members here or somethin ionno? But maybe someone knows of a forum where people give eachother info and help on their civics, so if u know of any other forums, it would be greatly appreciated if u would plz send me a link. thank you.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:11 AM
HCF Member

hmmm....lets see here..... if ur going cheap you should buy Cold air intake, header, exhaust system, camshaft, and manifold.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:14 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: duffycivic

Can no one seriously help me here? Maybe this forum isnt to popular and not many people are members here or somethin ionno? But maybe someone knows of a forum where people give eachother info and help on their civics, so if u know of any other forums, it would be greatly appreciated if u would plz send me a link. thank you.
can no one learn how to use a search button? Your question is the same as every thread in this forum. Its very vague and ppl might be sick of answering the same question over and over again.

If you want that "put you in your seat feeling" you need to go forced induction. Something like a turbo, supercharger, or even a nitrous kit. The cheapest being the nitrous, but the more efficient being the blower/turbo. If you don't want to spend the money then do like stated about and go with the intake/exhaust/header combo. You will feel the pick-up but, probably not like you are expecting.

I hope you have a manual tranny, if its an automatic then thats your main problem. Your one of the first to say their VTEC(not VTECH) is sluggish... are you sure thats whats under the hood?

Not trying to sound like an ***, but use the search button... there is a ton of useful info here from "members helping eachother out"

Old 07-15-2004, 03:22 PM

ahh lol sorry bout the frustration i showed...i really didnt see a search button on here, but thanx alot anyways...the old forum for accords i used to be a member of had people on and posting like crazy and i guess i am just tryin to adjust here. thanx alot though.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:27 PM

oh and when u asked me if i really had i vtec, i guess i would have to say that i really do. cuz it says VTEC in big letters on the cover of my engine. And i just got this car brand new with 1 mile on it only like a week ago. Its about 127hp. Anyways thanx for helpin out, i was really considering getting it supercharger or puttin a turbo kit in it. I just have no idea which would be the better choice in the long run and when it comes to money. Like i said i want to feel the power when i hit the gas. thanx

Old 07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
NTX
HCF Member

Its very vague and ppl might be sick of answering the same question over and over again.
I love my civic, but there is only so much you can do to it.

If you want that "put you in your seat feeling" you need to go forced induction.
[sm=smiley20.gif] and there it is.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

Its cool, this forum is still pretty new...

VTEC engines are all power after about 4000 RPM, below that is where the engine is hurting. Is your ride an AUTO or MANUAL?

Old 07-15-2004, 07:06 PM

auto

Old 07-17-2004, 09:34 PM

bummer on the auto.. my car was auto also but when i got the car the trany was ****ed in it so i just bought an si trany from a friend and got all the rest of the parts to make it 5 speed..

Quick Reply: MY NEW 04 CIVIC IS SO SLUGGISH!