Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

NEED HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Default NEED HELP!!!!

Hey everyone, i need some help with a problem that accured last night. I was just drinving along, and all of a sudden i hear a pop, and the tone of my car changed, to a rumble, it kinda sounded like i was running straight headers. so i pulled ova and check to make sure my exhaust was still on and it was, then i poped the hood, and saw the problem one of my spark plug wires was haning out and the spark plug was missing, it must have shot out and dented my hood from the inside, the spark plug cover was gone. I then went to wal-mart to get a replacement spark plug and some tools to change, cuz it was like 1 in the morning and when i got back to work on my car the spark plug wouldnt even screw in, and i dont know what is wrong with it. If anybody can help me that would be awesome just leave me a message on here thanks

Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP!!!!

might have stripped the threads when it shot out. dunno on this I'd prolly take it to a mechanic you know you can trust.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Cat Fuсker

Ummm...that could happen if you didn't screw the old plugs in all the way or somehow the exhaust valves got stuck...I don't get it...

anyhow I would guess that you're looking at a new cylinder head...its definitly stripped

Old 12-20-2005, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

The guy that put your spark plugs in might not have torqued them correctly. The spark plug would be loose and the cylinder pressure would make it pop out of the engine, stripping the threads on the cylinder head in the process. My teacher warned us of this when he was showing us how to install plugs.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM

thank yall so much for the help, do yall know how i can replace the part my self or would yall recommend me take it to a shop. Is there away i can put a helicoil in there with out removing the head or would i need to remove the head. If yall can let me know on this one to it will be greatly appericated thanks so much

Old 12-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Cat Fuсker

I say, take it to whoever changed the sparkplugs and make them pay...

Old 12-20-2005, 08:01 PM

A helicoil should do the trick. I had a simular problem with a bug.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM

for the helicoil would i need to remove the head or can i just do it with the head still in tact, on and for your information im the dumb *** who changed the spark plugs and ur right i am payin for it hahahaha, thanks for all the help tho

Old 12-20-2005, 09:01 PM

It depends on how much room you have to work with.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

Noob question but what is a helicoil. I'm thinking that its when you weld in a circular piece of metal that has threads into the spot where the threads were stripped.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!!!