Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Need Help for Honda Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need Help for Honda Performance?

its just that a cam would be a way bigger gain than an intake manifold, for about the same money.
This is a pure gold nugget. Pick it up and put it in your pocket.

Great info md420 and Sac.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

This is a pretty good article on crankshafts and sleeving. Its pretty long so i didn't read the whole thing but the part about sleeving explains pretty well why sleeving might be a good idea.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

Sleeving, smeeving. How many of us on here plan on 700+ Hp?

Old 03-06-2006, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

I'm lookin to go over 400 by August 2007. Gotta show those Evo/STi/350 rich kids wats up.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

Sleeving, smeeving. How many of us on here plan on 700+ Hp?
me

Old 03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

we are entitled to our opinions of course, but if you think hydro lock is a myth.. thats fine.. but i have seen the cars getting new motors at my freinds shop, and ive seen some of them there more than once,,,cars disapear in the puddles here, where i live. people that live in the snow dont want to lower their car, cool, i personally dont care for the risk of cia over shortram... for less than 0.5% power difference
ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

booo. hydrolock is overrated.

even if you are sucking up water at every puddle, it wont hydrolock your car. its in and out of the engine so fast it doesnt matter. youd have to be driving with the filter submerged for it to hydrolock.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: uk civhead

So your saying not to bother upgrading the I/M when switching to a stage 2 cam and valvetrain? which is what I said.
I am saying that I have seen 500hp civic's with B16's and the stock intake manifold that has been ported. Dont fix it if it aint broke.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:21 AM
HCF Member

Well im sure your correct, but I still reckon there would be more of an increase using a skunk2 mani and uprated cam rather than a port/polished stock mani and uprated cam however small it might be. And just to add my s2 mani cost me peanuts, far less then any cam would of cost so I reckon it was worth while in my case, and certainly will be when I upgrade cam/valvetrain.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jwsimons

we are entitled to our opinions of course, but if you think hydro lock is a myth.. thats fine.. but i have seen the cars getting new motors at my freinds shop, and ive seen some of them there more than once,,,cars disapear in the puddles here, where i live. people that live in the snow dont want to lower their car, cool, i personally dont care for the risk of cia over shortram... for less than 0.5% power difference
ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

booo. hydrolock is overrated.

even if you are sucking up water at every puddle, it wont hydrolock your car. its in and out of the engine so fast it doesnt matter. youd have to be driving with the filter submerged for it to hydrolock.
no i know hydrolock is no myth. my friend hydrolocked his 95 town car (have you seen under the hood of those things? the box is almost three feet off the ground!!! that puddle was so deep kids were swimming in it after the rain stopped). but i see what you're saying. but once you start building up power the 3hp you get from an SRI to the 5 you get from a CAI starts getting up to 9 v 15 real quick.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

What I don't get is why your friend thought he could drive his town car through such a deep puddle...

Quick Reply: Need Help for Honda Performance?