Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

need new distribution cap,rotor and spark plugs, help?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
HCF Member
Default need new distribution cap,rotor and spark plugs, help?

hey guys, well i was just at midas for a winter mantance thing and i need new spark plugs because they are firing the wrong way or somthing, and a new roter and distribution cap, $12.99 for plugs, $34.99 for cap and $24 for rotor...couple of questions, i have a 00 honda civic dx, just SRI in the summer, should i get performance sparkpugs,cap and rotor and mide as well do wires as well or would it not even be worth it for me since im not running anything special? and any good brands IF i should get performance ones?and packages that has all of them....and second question, i want to save a little money if i can so how hard would it be to install these?? the macanic was saying somthing about when taking it off the screws always break 9 out of 10 times and will have to be drilled out if they break...so how hard would it be to install?
ThankS!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 11:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: need new distribution cap,rotor and spark plugs, help?

try some ngk plugs--as far as cap,rotor & wires---it depends how much $$ u want to spend --i myself got mine from honda--a little bit more $$ but better quality
be careful with the distributor screws ---try to take them out with light pressure--if they dont move --leave them alone ---take it to a shop & let then try

Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need new distribution cap,rotor and spark plugs, help?

that for the help, i talked to this guy i no and he sead that theres no point in getting a performace car/rotor/wires because its a dx and it wont really do anything for it anyways so theres no point in spending the money,i might upgrade the plugs tho just a little better ones..i did a test today by putting water over them..if it sparks or the motor starts jittering, that means i need new stuff, if it dosent that means there good, and when i put the water on it the motor made a slight difference in sound but you could hadly notice it..so for now im leaving it, till i can get money, if my car starts starting ruff or driving ruff..then ill get new stuff, and for the screws..he sead they would break probably, if they do..he has all the equipment to drill them out and ill just have to pay him a little to do it