Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Ok....what's next?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

ALRIGHT......It looks like I'm gettin' somewhere.
So the missing link, then, can be causing a faulty reading and CEL?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

by any chance do you still have the intercooler and piping? i really need some

Old 06-16-2009, 05:46 AM
HCF Member

yeah I still have the full setup.
Where exactly are you located?
I live in the Bahamas so I would have to see how our shipping rates work over here.
Depending on how it is, it may be your best bet to purchase new piping and intercooler where you are at.

Oh does anyone have an aftermarket dealer in florida where i can purchase an iacv.
I been lookin but I cant find any.
Thanx

Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

This is my IACV.
Having a problem figuring out what year engine this is from.
Again...the engine in the car is a swap so IDK exactly what year it is.

Attached Thumbnails Ok....what's next?!-1.jpg   Ok....what's next?!-2.jpg   Ok....what's next?!-3.jpg   Ok....what's next?!-4.jpg   Ok....what's next?!-5.jpg  

Old 06-20-2009, 12:31 PM

When i pull the sensor from my IACV, the car shuts off but its revs up and down and up and down with it connected. I advanced my spark to keep it running but it will still do it but will stop after a while of driving if the lights are on but the rpms sit at 1100 and it sputters to accelerate. Any Ideas?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

what type of engine do you have? Like the engine code (ex. d16y7, b18c1...) Dont base buying your parts off what year car the engine was in, but rather the engine code.

I live in california, I'm just looking for any deals i can possibly get. LMK your price.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

d16y8
I was thinking I would sell the full setup for 900

Old 07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Okay Update.....
I got the brand new IACV. It helped somewhat but was still surging a bit. A friend of my brother, imports hondas and he loaned us a MAP Sensor and a TPS. Come to find out the TPS is bad so I changed all the sensors one time while I was at it. Started the car and she ran with no surging. I pressed gas and the car was pushing out a load of white smoke constantly so a friend of mine who does mechanics diagnosed that a blown head gasket is the culprit. So I went and got a full set.....so we will be changing all of the seals, rings, etc. Once this is done I should be ready to go. Since I have gotten this car I have basically changed every part imaginable on the engine. I'm thinking I may go ahead and change the O2 sensors while I'm at it and the Distributor Cap. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Island Tuner this thread is the greatest example ever for all the people who ask if they should buy an ALREADY-Boosted civic...

Dam man you have really went thru a lot on that engine.. Good luck on changing all this stuff out now :P

Old 07-07-2009, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

I know right?
Well at least at the end of the day I will know that everything was done by me and done right. My advice.....Never EVER, EVER, EVER, buy a boosted civic if you don't know who you are buying from. Good thing is I have a sale lined up for the Turbo setup at $800 so I will recoup what money I have invested in the engine and I will know exactly what I have internally. So when I DO decide to sell it..........HOLD UP.......HEEEEELLLLL NO I AIN'T SELLIN' ****!!! I put way to much into this car.
In total since I started this "project"...to date....I have spent almost $1500.00 by the time I am done I may be in about $2500. Basically a brand new/old engine.

My next project......I am going to buy a B18/H22 and just build the engine to perfection and then find a shell to put it in.

Quick Reply: Ok....what's next?!