Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Ok....what's next?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

AHHHHHHH.....The sweet smell of success.
Well we took the head down and come to find out the dam head was warped.
Guy before me really had an effed up mechanic working on this engine.
I must have know why I didn't take a chance and drive this.
Well, my boy said he'll have the head back on tomorrow and I may be ready to take her for a spin on the weekend. My birthday is next week so this is the best b-day present I could possibly get. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
I'm going to buy some gold paint to paint the valve pan over the weekend and get my bay looking purdy.
I can't wait

Old 08-10-2009, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

UPDATE 08/10/2009

Okay....a little help here.
Now that everything is torqued down and in place I need to find out something.
Well I had to get some new screws for the valve pan as the dummy who had the car before me tightened the flippin thing down too tight and frigged the threads. So anywho...I haven't called my mechanic as yet but I would like your views on this.
I started the car and she runs fine but when I shift her into gear or reverse when I press gas she bogs. Do you think the timing may be off? What other problem could this be?
Thanks

Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Chubby Chaser

sounds like you have your wire harness plugs on the tb backwards there is 2 plugs that are the same when i swapped my engine i did that and it was that
you should have a cel on ... whats the cel

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

okay, they were on wrong but the problem is still there.
Now I know that the TPS needs replacing because I had a surging issue before I did the headjob. But would the TPS cause the car to not want to move in either direction? When I pressed the gas after that it refused to idle up...but it's running... could the timing be off?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Chubby Chaser

you should have a cel on get the codes..
and no a tps wont stop it from reving up.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

***** FCUKINIT. You guys wouldn't believe this ****! Right now if I see the ********** who gave me this car...I might kill me a muthafcuker. So i saw a little oil leak. I changed the base pan oil gasket and all the possible seals and gasket that may be leaky. So after the easy stuff was changed I was still having a leak. So I assumed that maybe the crank seal may need to change. So I go ahead, my brother and I, and take down the gear box to remove the rear crank seal......come to find out......I GATTA CHANGE THE ***** FCUKIN CLUTCH......Please.....any noobie who might be interested in purchasing a turbocharged civic.......DO NOT PURCHASE UNLESS YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO YOU'RE GETTING IT FROM. Good thing with my situation is my brother and I do our own mechanic work so we save big time....Even though I am already $2,000 in, if I didn't know mechanics I may have already spent over $5000 here in the bahamas. But get this.....the guy who owned the car...a friend of his called me up the other day and was like...."Boss, I wanna buy the shell of your car" So i'm like wtf for.....who told you I had a shell for sale?...how the **** do you know my car aint workin. Dude went silent.....so I'm saying now...that ***** ****** knew he was givin me a bag a problems.....I can't wait to see his *** in public.....but anyways....my engine now is officially rebuilt....every single part is brand new...I had an opportunity to run her and she runs beautifully, so tomorrow I put in the seal and clutch and that should conclude the saga of "MY FCUKED UP CIVIC"....I'll keep y'all posted

Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned

Wow Island Tuner. You really know what your doin. I read this whole thread and you are great at trouble shooting and figuring out things.

If you do see that **** that sold it to you. Hit him a couple times for me

Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

Glad to hear its finally running like its supposed to. Youve had so much hell with that thing...

Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

Okay....so....new clutch is in, I changed the CV Joint boots. Played hooky today just to get that done. At one point during the day I started to get a bit depressed but my big bro was there to cheer me up. Only thing now that needs to be done is I have to change the lower left engine mount and I thing I may change all the belts. And while I am changing the belts I may just go in and change the front crank seal on it. We'll fire her up on Saturday and see how it goes. Then once that is done my main focus will be getting the A/C running and getting it licensed and insured. This has truly been a big and expensive learning experience....My big bro said.....DON'T YOU EVER PRACTICE FCUKERY LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN IN LIFE. Trust me, when I get this finished anyone ask me if I'm selling this, they will have to make a good offer.

Justin, I'll make sure put in a few for ya. I'll let you guys know the progress on Sunday.

Oh and I need a new vtec switch/ controller....whatever the hell it is....i need one of those

Last edited by islandtuner; 08-27-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

Well guys the moment of truth is almost here. My cousin called me today and told me he has th ebrand new TPS Imma slap that in tonight and see what she does. Hopefully this is it for me I changed the engine mounts, and did a tune up. So I basically have a brand new engine now. Only problems from here now would be electrical, knock on wood. And I think I will change the O2 sensor while I'm at it. Anywayz....wish me luck

Last edited by islandtuner; 09-04-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok....what's next?!