Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Royal Purple

oil is oil, ranging prices for different grades, and ranging prices for company name, that's all it is, they're all basically the same formulas with different names on the bottle that give the same "feeling" after an oil change, plus even if you did gain 1 measely horsepower, do you honestly think you could notice it with your butt dyno? i can get more performance by adjusting my air pressure in my tires.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

i did my oil change last week and put some royal purple 5w-30 in my 116k motor, it feels nice, nothing out ofthe ordinary, i picked it up for about a dollar cheaper that the pepboys near me then mobil 1....

Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

definitely a noob question...can I just switch to synthetic whenever i get my oil changed which is in the next couple weeks? Also any suggestions for octane boosters, my dad gave me some of his 0-60 idk if I'm supposed to notice any difference and would it do anything if I'm putting supreme in my car already?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Aslan817

definitely a noob question...can I just switch to synthetic whenever i get my oil changed which is in the next couple weeks? Also any suggestions for octane boosters, my dad gave me some of his 0-60 idk if I'm supposed to notice any difference and would it do anything if I'm putting supreme in my car already?
it's not good to switch from conventional to synthetic just all of a sudden, just keep it with conventional. and about the octane booster, just throw it away, it's not good for the fuel system.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 AM

AMsOil is the best

Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Bigwill93hb

AMsOil is the best
i'm glad you're hear to tell us this

Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL hate comen such off in this thread is thier...

i havent used the stuff BUT if i do rebuild a motor i will use this royal purple in it..... BUT for my 100K+ and kicken motor im just using some high milage oil.... no problem realy.... but who realy notices a problem with thier oil until the engine breaks.LOL then can you still realy blame it on the oil.LOL

speaking of oil..... i g2g change the oil outta a my new 56ford truck thats been sitting for 20+ years..... i wonder how bad it will look.LMFAO

Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: Aslan817

it's not good to switch from conventional to synthetic just all of a sudden, just keep it with conventional. and about the octane booster, just throw it away, it's not good for the fuel system.
Why do you feel it's not good to switch from dyno to syn? As long as your car has been maintained, it won't matter at all. Most people see issues when the syn oil cleans the old sludge and **** out, but it shouldn't matter if you have taken care of your vehicle. There are lots of people out there who say it causes leaks, but these statements are un-merited. The leaks were already there, but the syn oil cleans up all of the gunk that filled in the leaky areas. Switching to syn would be no different than running a dyno oil with a cleaner agent in it or running seafoam in your crankcase.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

is it really that big of deal to swtich to synthetic from conventional??? cause i did it lol

Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i dont believe it is.... ya drain the oil... so MOST the old oil is drained out.... if anything ya got MAYBE 4oz to 8oz tops id say of old oil.... and when your adding just about a gallon of new oil.... it will be just a minor % of the old stuff... no problems!

Quick Reply: Royal Purple