Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

So it begins . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So it begins . . .

well i just got off the phone hmotors and i got the order on hold cause i have no idea what to do now. my engine is a 96 obd2 i think and the harness is obd2 as well but i have the conversion harness at the ecu becauase the p28 is obd1. so since the engine and the harness are obd2 i can just go ahead and order another obd2 engine and run the same set up i had with my old gsr right? ahh im just so confused

Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

So it was hydrolocked after all. Sorry to hear about that. Thanks for uploading the pics and documenting it, though!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
HCF Member

if u were running an obd2 motor before. If the ecu that u have now is obd1 with an obd2 conversion harness, and your engine harness is a obd2 with the new plugs hooks up for the b18 then you should just order the obd2 version and then just get rid of the obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.

Does this make sense or am i confusing you?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:48 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 95civic1.6l

just get rid of the obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.

No, he NEEDS the jumper harness to plug thre OBD1 ECU into his OBD2 engine harness

MXS so you can still pass emissions with a 96-00 shell and a obd1 motor? because i heard that is illegal
He already said he doesn't need to pass emissions.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

the ecu i have now is a p28 which is obd1 and im going to be using the p72 that comes with the engine so i dont have to use my conversion harness , i think i got it down now , right?

Old 01-01-2008, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

just get rid of the obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.

No, he NEEDS the jumper harness to plug thre OBD1 ECU into his OBD2 engine harness

MXS so you can still pass emissions with a 96-00 shell and a obd1 motor? because i heard that is illegal
He already said he doesn't need to pass emissions.
I don't live in PR thats why i was asking.
If he is using there ecu and its an OBD2 then he just needs to get rid of his obd1 to obd2 conversion harness and the ecu should hook right up 2 it. then just drop the motor in and plug it all in. In my last post i was speculating if he was getting an obd2 motor

Old 01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

so i got some work done on my car today pulled out the axles and shift linkage and finally pulled out the old b18c out.im gonna go ahead and clean up the engine bay tomorrow and clean andpaint some of the old parts that im going to be using for the new engine which hopefully will be here within a week or so. its been a pain in the *** and i thought i wasnt going to have to go through this again but oh well

a very dirty engine bay

you can see the whole in the block here , so sad

Old 01-03-2008, 11:15 AM
HCF Member

Love the pics, thanks for uploading them! Keep the updates coming!

Old 01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

so today i cleaned up the engine bay and took aout some parts from the old engine that im going to be using them again i just need to clean them up real good besides i cant really do much now, or at leastuntill the new engine gets here in about a week and a half.

lots of stuff in the trunk lol

Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

Engine should be here by saturday!!! but today i got some work done , cleaned up the engine bay pretty good and got tranny separated from the block went pretty good also what do u guys think about this clutch can i still use it ? they dont look that bad , it has roughly about 30,xxx to 50,xxx miles on it

pressure plate

flywheel

how the engine bay looks like

i need to know how to take out this part of the shift linakge from the tranny

Quick Reply: So it begins . . .