Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

tranny help??!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Default tranny help??!!

ok i hav an 89 honda crx dx with auto tranny, and sometimes there seems to be some slippage most noticable on hiway, when i giv her gas it revs like 500rpm more and little acceleration, but it only does this sometimes, other times it runs great. the other day i was driving and it started to act up like this so i was going 90-100 for a while and then my engine light turned on, so i turned off the car and when i turned it back on after a few seconds the tranny was working great, and then i drove a few more minutes and it happened again. ok so if anyone has any ideas that would be great, also when checking the auto tranny fluid should the engine be cold and off or hot and running???thnx

Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: tranny help??!!

how many miles are on your car? Around what speeds does it do this? Is it highway only? It could just be your lockup clutch engaging and disengaging. I searched for "checking honda automatic transmission fluid" on google, this is the first link I got:

http://www.d-a-p.com/Ads/dap-email7.htm

Check the auto tranny fluid when cold and lock the dipstick into place (screw it all the way down). Overfilling is bad for your auto tranny

Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Default RE: tranny help??!!

there is almost 250000km on the car, and im not sure if it does it in lower gears because there isnt that much strain on the tranny when driving slow, but it is noticable on hiway. could you explain a little more on about the lock up clutch engaging and disengaging because i think that this is the problem. i can exactly feel when it resumes to normal and it seems to me like the clutch isnt fully applied, also what are the symptoms of overfeeling a auto tranny with fluid,because i think someone before me had filled it up while running and hot when my friend drove it