HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   vtec going bad (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/vtec-going-bad-29203/)

SoCaL.rider 09-28-2006 02:24 PM

RE: vtec going bad

THERES NO NEED TO YELL
haha, is that what caps means?

Pete 09-28-2006 03:27 PM

its probably just low on oem honda vtec fluid. It wont engage fully without the fluid, the valves wont be lubed enough, and the ECU doesnt let it engage 100%. Under the VTEC solenoid there is a VTEC Fluid resiv.......go to the dealer and get a pint, its cheap.....10 bucks and youre back in business.

mxs 09-28-2006 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: turbo_ricer

when its cold it will kick it...
no it won't. VTEC won't engage if the engine is not warmed up. So when it's cold and you rev past 5500, it's not even trying to work. it's just running on the regular cam profile

getting any check engine lights?

Nail I3unny 09-28-2006 04:14 PM

1800 is an awful lot to spend on a y8...

turbo_ricer 09-29-2006 07:19 AM

no im sorry. $1800 is what i paid for the car w/ the motor in it.

i dont know how you guys put the quote at the top of your reply... how do you.[/color]

no check engine lights are on.

do you think the headers have a part in it?

US3R!!!11one 09-29-2006 09:34 AM

Why hasn't anyone said the obvious? Check your oil.

and no matter wat anyone else says i can hear , feel , and see the difference.
Sure you can =D

t34me 09-29-2006 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Pete

its probably just low on oem honda vtec fluid. It wont engage fully without the fluid, the valves wont be lubed enough, and the ECU doesnt let it engage 100%. Under the VTEC solenoid there is a VTEC Fluid resiv.......go to the dealer and get a pint, its cheap.....10 bucks and youre back in business.
Is this true? Ive never heard of there being seperate fluid, i just thought it operated off the oil pressure, and the oil itself pushed in the pin

ef4life 09-29-2006 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: t34me

ORIGINAL: Pete

Is this true? Ive never heard of there being seperate fluid, i just thought it operated off the oil pressure, and the oil itself pushed in the pin

that was some thick sarcasm. vtec either works or it doesn't and if your vtec fluid (hint hint engine oil) is low, you will probably sieze the engine.

t34me 09-29-2006 10:48 PM

ok, its hard to hear sarcasam over the net, i thought i was crazy or somthing