Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

what kind of parts should i get for engine

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Default what kind of parts should i get for engine

help! i cant spend more money on $hit.
i have an 90 civic si hb eng.d16a6 and i want it to run good it has 215,000 mi. NO money for new engine, so thinking about getting new parts-like-belts,exhaust valves,pistons and rings,intake valve,plugs and wires,timing belt, gaskets,oil change, i was thinking brands like--beck arnley,accel,dayco, etc. i do want to do this right. so should i buy some else? what am i missing? or should do! i would save more money for better parts if needed. what parts should the money go into? what parts can i go cheaper on?

i will be adding aftermaket parts like intake,headers etc, later to build up the horse power, but but thinking should have an good base.

thanks for your help, u guys are so much help

Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what kind of parts should i get for engine

for the amount those parts cost you could swap in a D16Z6. But if you really really dont want to you should buy a new water pump/timing belt gaskets, piston rings/bearings. Those are pretty clutch parts and parts that wear out.