Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

z6 ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Default RE: z6 ????

dude. a dohc head would NOT... and yes i repeat NOT fit onto ur D16Z6 SOHC long block. it's like oil and water, they don't mix. DOHC is a totally different set-up than the SOHC and would not work like Saccions said. As for the ZC, i forget, help me out saccions... what was they engine made for? I know the ZC doesn't not have VTEC in it and its output is right at around 130 HP. but yea, like Saccions says again, it's better off if u just get a SOHC Vtec head for more power.

-B

Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

That is all fine ...I am glad someone could clear that up for me(us). Sorta...I still feel a conflict of belief. Sorry Suger for any confusion. I understand no vtec dohc is possible. But a d16zc dohc is? Saci-Silver. But I very well understand Sohc vtec is better. My "SCHEMA" was altered when this all sounded like it might be a possibility. Thanks Saci & Silver for explaining.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:25 AM

on the topic of SOHC on DOHC my friend was tryin to tell me the other day he was gonna buy a H22 block and put his F22 head on it, i told him you cant do that but he didnt believe me so i told him good luck but i aint helping...lol he still thinks you can he is real stubborn

Old 03-02-2005, 12:43 PM

so yo buddy wants to put a sohc on a h22 block? WHY!? anyways he should just get a h22 motor and do a swap no f22 head. plus you cant because what i know the f22 head is sohc and you cant put the head on the h22.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

it's cool imadj. i found out today that the engine i took out isn't even a z6 it's a b7 i think. the one i put in is a z6. now the prblem i have now is that it won't start. i'm figuring that it's cuz the wire harness from the b7 is the one i hooked up to the z6

Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

Well remember the Z6 is a vtec and the B7 is not . Depending on the transmission you will need to find a P28 (that motors ecu) to engage the vtec or get an external module like an apexi. However I am not sure if that is the reason it should not start. Sacicons might know a more clear explanation. You might find them at a salvage yard and the cost varies. You can tell if someones is asking to much.

Good luck

Old 03-02-2005, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

first off, are you sure it ran before you put it in? second, double and triple check that you hooked everything up. when i did the gsr, i cranked on it for a while, and it wouldnt start. i got all pissed and went to bed. then the next day at work i remembered that i didnt plug the ecu fuse back in. i plugged it in and it started right up. it could be something very simple. check for that stuff first.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

Told you he'd know some stuff.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

Told you he'd know some stuff.
yeah i know he know a good bit about cars just from what i have read.

first off, are you sure it ran before you put it in? second, double and triple check that you hooked everything up. when i did the gsr, i cranked on it for a while, and it wouldnt start. i got all pissed and went to bed. then the next day at work i remembered that i didnt plug the ecu fuse back in. i plugged it in and it started right up. it could be something very simple. check for that stuff first.
sac my first problem is i didn't start this swap so i don't know what was disconnected or not. secondly i'm working with a 94 ex vtec that had a swap done previously ( from vtec to non vtec) i talked to the guy who he got this current engine from and he cranked it while it was in a del sol. thirdly i didn't realize that the engine i pulled out was a non vtec and i'm using the old( wrong ) harness.

so can the wrong harness be the reason why it won't start? i checked every wire and connection and everything looks good. battery has current.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

does it crank? if not, check the wires to the starter, along with all the fuses under the hood.