Gas mileage drop - HondaCivicForum.com

Fuel Economy Discuss tips and tricks for better fuel ecomony.

Gas mileage drop

Old 02-17-2019, 08:17 AM
Default Gas mileage drop

I have a Honda Civic EX 2016 and this has never happened to me before. I put in a full tank gas at a gas station I donít normally get gas from and in the middle of filling gas the screen at the gas station said Ďchange nozzle when finished.í Not sure if i just got bad gas or what because after a full tank, i drove it from the gas station back to my house (1 mile) and the gas decreased 30 miles already. The miles would go down drastically from 1 stoplight to the next stoplight.

I already checked my tire pressure and changed air filter. No leaks. No strange sounds in my car. It still works perfectly fine.

Iíve contacted 2 different dealerships already and both donít know what Iím talking about or this issue is unusual to them. Iíve spoken to few colleagues/family/friends and said maybe I just got bad gas from the gas station or air got into the fuel tank?

Did I just get bad gas? Is it possible air got into my fuel tank? If so, should I fill my gas tank with the highest octane so I can burn the old gas? Please help. Any suggestions and advice is appreciated.

Edit Quote