Fuel Economy Discuss tips and tricks for better fuel ecomony.

HHO Fuel cells - increase your performance?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Exclamation HHO Fuel cells - increase your performance?

HHO fuel cells are well known to increase your gas mileage by producing hydrogen gas from water via electrolysis and then delivering the gases to the combustion chamber through your air intake. you can then tune your vehicle to essentially take more air than gas because of the hydrogen's explosive properties which actually burn hotter AND cleaner, than gas though it does not burn as long. look it up if you're unfamiliar with them, incredible eye opener. "HHO fuel cell"

now my theory -
is since hydrogen burns hotter, would that not create a more powerful explosion? even if it doesn't burn for as long as gasoline, wouldn't it still make for a more powerful initial explosion. or am i just way off?

does anyone have an HHO fuel cell (add-on, none of these new HHO hybrids) in their car? can anyone do a dyno of with and without the addition of the use of an HHO fuel cell?

please share your results with me!

Last edited by Michael Bradly; 06-22-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

A super lean mixture does not burn cleaner, there is lots of NOx created when something burns hot. This is why there are no production cars using such technology. Also it takes a lot more hydrogen than can be made with the electricity available from the alternator. Independent testing has shown that none of the DIY stuff being sold actually increases mpg.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

i just use a Mr Fusion it supplies me up to 1.21 gigawatts of power.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by mk378
A super lean mixture does not burn cleaner, there is lots of NOx created when something burns hot. This is why there are no production cars using such technology. Also it takes a lot more hydrogen than can be made with the electricity available from the alternator. Independent testing has shown that none of the DIY stuff being sold actually increases mpg.
have you experimented with this yourself?

Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by itburnswhenIP
i just use a Mr Fusion it supplies me up to 1.21 gigawatts of power.
this mean you have an HHO generator in your vehicle? if so how's that been? do you know how many LPMs it creates? mileage? notice any power difference?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

yes i have noticed a very large increase in mileage and power especially when i drive above 80 mph.

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 06-24-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by itburnswhenIP
yes i have noticed a very large increase in mileage and power especially when i drive above 80 mph.
really? that's cool. i want to look into it further, could you get your car on a dyno? i'd do it myself but i'm still in the making of designing my HHO fuel cell.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 PM

REALLY good HHO info from moray b king. Keys to making HHO + the mystery gas is cavitation <3

Old 05-13-2015, 08:10 PM

Its one of those things where you'd have to start on a carbureted older vehicle and monitor air ratios before and after, emissions, do some driving and test out what works the best and monitor what you sensor picks up as its +hho air fuel reading because it will be completely wrong from the hho throwing it off. Then you install it on the fuel injected car with the same wide band o2 sensor off the carbureted vehicle, achieve the same air fuel ratio on your wide band sensor, and have something to fool the vehicles oxygen sensors into thinking nothing is different and its running the same mixture. Never tried it but i would like to. thoughts?