The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

They just cured HIV with stem cells

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Default They just cured HIV with stem cells

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/d...ll-transplant/

Now it'll go like this:

1. Cure HIV
2. Duplicate the cure in others
3. ??????
4. PROFIT

Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 AM
HCF Member

Cure, no.
It just stops the virus. Does not kill it.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Cat Fuсker

What strikes me the most is the way that all of this biological crap is so close to the principles of operation of computers. Close a port on the firewall and voila - no more problem. I wonder when Symantec, Checkpoint, and McAffee will get into this business...

Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 AM
HCF Member

If that's so, where do I find your DOS prompt at? I'ma use the deltree c:\*.* \y command. bwahahahaha.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Cat Fuсker

I'm powered by linux.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 AM
July 2010 ROTM

dir/p
cd\doom2\doom2

i miss dos, and i miss finding games on computer lab terminals that werent supposed to be there, like one must fall (OMF), doom2, heretic, and out of this world (OOTW).
/hijack
i know i am a terrible person, but we know where aids came from and how to protect ourselves. is this really something my tax dollars are funding? what about my relatives that were blindsided with cancer? they didnt hump monkees to start spreading cancer. i suppose being a republican and also TERRIBLY CONSERVATIVE (even tho my sense of humor is out in left field and contrary to what most people believe, i am an Atheist), i just cant see why science would waste money on the research and cure of something that is entirely preventable. any thoughts? anybody hate me for rarely voicing one of my religious/political opinions? i have thick skin, u wont hurt my feelings.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Cat Fuсker

You probably won't find anyone on this board who's more "Anti-stupid people" than me, however what you just said is fuсking ignorant. If you get HIV due to medical malpractice it's somehow your fault? If you were born with it, is that your fault? Yeah, someone was a dumb fuсk, but come on.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

That is how it started out. But people with AIDS aren't getting it from banging monkeys. They are getting it from others who have AIDS and don't know it. The people who contracted it from banging monkeys deserved to die. The rest, do not.

AND if people don't want AIDS - go by my saying.
Don't be silly,
Wrap your *****!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Chubby Chaser

Damn bet gene is happy about the news, now he can have buttsecks with monkeys

Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
July 2010 ROTM

of course theres the rare case gene, much like i understand that a rape victim might want an abortion (which i do not advocate). for the most part tho, aids is spread through ignorance. i think that if everyone endeavored to be "safe", it would simply go away. the case of malpractice or aids hags procreating is real, but, had it not been for ignorance, aids would have stayed within the simian community. i just think that the truly innocent deserve the time moreso than ****** and monkey phuckers. aids is preventable because we know the cause. how do we prevent pancreatic cancer? who knows? thats why (in my opinion) the time spent on trying to find a way to fix the careless would be better spent on trying to protect and cure the "innocent". innocent, for lack of a better term. my great grandfather passed due to prostate cancer, my grandmother a breast cancer survivor, my paternal grandfather and his brother both are terminal right now, this will be my last xmas with them. why does someone who was reckless (rare cases aside) deserve to be cared for in the same way as someone who was blindsided by something they had no way to prepare for (no understanding of what they were doing or exposed to could be a risk)? sorry, this whole thread just hit close to home for me. maybe someone help me to see where im wrong, if indeed i am.

Quick Reply: They just cured HIV with stem cells