The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

They just cured HIV with stem cells

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MBrent
i know i am a terrible person, but we know where aids came from and how to protect ourselves. is this really something my tax dollars are funding? what about my relatives that were blindsided with cancer? they didnt hump monkees to start spreading cancer. i suppose being a republican and also TERRIBLY CONSERVATIVE (even tho my sense of humor is out in left field and contrary to what most people believe, i am an Atheist), i just cant see why science would waste money on the research and cure of something that is entirely preventable. any thoughts? anybody hate me for rarely voicing one of my religious/political opinions? i have thick skin, u wont hurt my feelings.
I'm sorry, but you are borderline retarded. However I suppose that's your fault. Hopefully science doesn't waste money on fixing your life challenges. (and on another note - since when is science its own being with the ability to spend money? Perhaps our tax dollars should be allocated more towards improving the education received from the Alabama public school system)

Such a predictable response from a typical hardcore conservative... so afraid of progress. You'd probably rather have your tax dollars funding a war allegedly designed to locate and seize some imaginary weapons of mass destruction. Am I hitting the nail on the head?

I am surprised you're an Atheist though, and at least you're not drinking the Jesus blood kool-aid, so i'll give you that. Kudos. Kind of ironic though, since Atheists usually promote science...

Last edited by trustdestruction; 12-20-2010 at 12:02 AM.