The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

They just cured HIV with stem cells

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
- there are NO giant mutants or oversize crops or anything of that sort. Leave video games and nightmare stories where they belong - not in reality.

, damn that sucks.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:55 AM
HCF Member

soviet union was whack

Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Cat Fuсker

So was your mother.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

Hey, MBrent- You could have kept the argument going. I don't take any kind of harsh feelings from an adult styled conversation/argument. I was actually enjoying it.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Cat Fuсker

Same here. I'm usually the one offending people and offending me is damn near impossible.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Chubby Chaser

gene - please refer to my avatar

Old 12-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Who showed that HIV came from banging monkeys? Where did this myth get started?

Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Chubby Chaser

"Where did HIV [Human Immunodeficiency Virus] come from? Both of the AIDS viruses, HIV-1 and HIV-2, originated in Africa... As is often the case with microbes, a jump from one species to another is probably to blame... chimpanzees (for HIV-1) and sooty mangabeys (for HIV-2)... When did the AIDS epidemic begin?... the Big Bang seems to have occurred around, or just after, the Second World War. Emerging microbial infections often result from adaption to changing ecological niches and habitats." Cases of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP, a lung infection) and Kaposi's sarcoma (a rare skin cancer) were reported by doctors in New York and Los Angeles in 1981, then the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) began tracking a growing population of young men, women, and babies, whose immune systems were nearly destroyed. Late in 1982, the condition began to be referred to as AIDS

In 1981, the first cases of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) were identified among gay men in the United States, acquiring the designation, GRID (Gay-Related
Immune Deficiency); however, scientists later found evidence that the disease existed in the world for some years prior, i.e., subsequent analysis of a blood sample of a Bantu man, who died of an unidentified illness in the Belgian Congo in 1959, made him the first confirmed case of an HIV infection.

According to the 'Natural Transfer' theory (also called 'Hunter Theory' or 'Bushmeat Theory'), the "simplest and most plausible explanation for the cross-species transmission"[7] of SIV or HIV (post mutation), the virus was transmitted from an ape or monkey to a human when a hunter or bushmeat vendor/handler was bitten or cut while hunting or butchering the animal. The resulting exposure to blood or other bodily fluids of the animal can result in SIV infection.[21] A recent serological survey showed that human infections by SIV are not rare in Central Africa: the percentage of people showing seroreactivity to antigens - evidence of current or past SIV infection - was 2.3% among the general population of Cameroon, 7.8% in villages where bushmeat is practiced, and 17.1% in the most exposed people of these villages.[22] How the SIV virus would have transformed into HIV after infection of the hunter or bushmeat handler from the ape/monkey is still a matter of debate, although natural selection would favor any virions capable of adjusting so that they could live, infect and reproduce in the T cells of a human host.

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 12-19-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

There's no question that HIV-1 came from Chimpanzees. In fact many of the well known human viruses originated from animals. For example, flu epidemics come from birds and pigs; measles came from cows; SARS and Ebola from bats, just to name a few. And in none of these cases are these infections thought to come from banging animals or to only infect bad or immoral people. And heterosexual sex is the most common way to spread HIV.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Cat Fuсker

Mitch, I have one one thing to say to you. It starts with "fuсk" and ends with "you"

And I bet it was supersize's elders who were the ones banging chimps.

Quick Reply: They just cured HIV with stem cells