General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

"what have you done to your civic today?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

^ LOL
well the sols are basic sohc arent they? im not positive... but i still like my simple SOHC motor

and yes i hate the 4x4 look... but im not going to put my suspension on it until i paint it. i defiantly dont want any possible over spray on the suspension. and im waiting on my W2s to come in so i can get my tax check and buy some new OEM SI wheels and some nice tires for the ole girl. the si wheels on it really slammed should look sick after i paint the car gunmetal!
and id like to paint the car this winter BUT heating the shop to paint with digits in the singles really doesnt make sense.LOL but as soon as it warms up im going to fix the rest of the body work and spray it quickly before the spring bugs can thaw out!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

nope Del Sols came in DOHC

Old 01-12-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
^ LOL
well the sols are basic sohc arent they? im not positive... but i still like my simple SOHC motor
Here's the del Sol lesson for the day.

The way the trim levels work is sort of like a hybrid of the Prelude and Civic trim levels. You have S, Si, and VTEC, in that order, just like the Prelude. However, the parts on the car are like a Civic.

On the engine, and transmission
The del Sol S matches the base model civic of the same year (DX)
The del Sol Si matches the highest model civic of the same year (EX)
The del Sol VTEC has an engine similar to the 99-00 Civic Si, and I think the same transmission... if not, it's also very similar.

93-95 S = D15B7
93-95 Si = D16Z6
96-97 S = D16Y7
96-97 Si = D16Y8
94-97 VTEC = B16A3

On brakes, another interesting aspect of the del Sol, the S is just like the base model Civic of the same year (rear drums, front discs). The Si is like the 92-95 Civic Si (discs all 4 corners, base model size front discs just like the S), and then the VTEC is like an EX/Si hybrid with 10.2" front brakes and then rear discs the same as the Si.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

I seen a Del Sol Si drivin around today in mankato and chased after him but he was too far ahead and i hit a red light

Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by knarleysurfer54
HMMMMMM... YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE A RACER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me just put a quote down... It's the fast that get paid, and the fast that get laid! And you my friend probably wear socks with sandals.
You're an idiot.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

^ dito

Originally Posted by knarleysurfer54
HMMMMMM... YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE A RACER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me just put a quote down... It's the fast that get paid, and the fast that get laid! And you my friend probably wear socks with sandals.
if the fast get paid then how much did you earn in your last street race? J/W
and any girl that is that impressed with a street race is well EASY and probably has a STD she will give ya really easily
but anyways just give it up man you know that street racing is wrong. just dont do it its stupid and foolish... the fines and risk is not worth it and neither is the so called fame.
just think of it you street race and beat that guy and act all stupid to him... then next time he sees your car in a parking lot hes gonna walk by and key the crap outta your car!
i know... i was young and stupid and raced alot in my 66impala all over town and won alot, but my car insurance and the speeding, unsafe start tickets was not worth it and my car got keyed twice.
my black civic was never keyed and i never raced anyone in town but i have had plenty of people act and try to race me. but ijust laugh and hope a cop sees them speed off, WHICH HAS HAPPENED ONCE and i gave the guy a nice wave when i drove by the cop and him!
i could go on about how lame street racing really is but it seems like you like street racing to much. so please just try not to kill anyone dont street race around schools/churches/or in traffic.
enjoy life at let it last a long time. but please no more whoring this thread..... if you must create another thread in the whatever section and PM me

Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Banned

haha its funny when junior members talk sh*t right away

Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 AM

*cough*

Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

whats up with the cough

Old 01-13-2009, 06:41 AM

Too much bickering on the forum lately. Chill guys. It's the internet. Who cares?

Quick Reply: "what have you done to your civic today?"