General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

06 and 07 Civic Si Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 06 and 07 Civic Si Owners

triple post for the win... Ive owned plenty of Japanese cars and 3 civics, this is my first Mustang. And yes your Si is an econobox just like my Corolla... only difference is that mine is quicker than yours. I know, I know... dont believe me. You new Si drivers have an Ego for some reason.

"One question....do you have a personlized license plate also lol!! Mustang guys make me laugh."

Seen plenty of Stang plates in your Si huh? Now that makes ME laugh. I understand your hate now so I'll go easy on ya... and unless you are running quicker than 11.70's you will be staring at my non-custom plate as well.

Also, you shouldnt try to make fun of people when you dont even know the difference between your and you're.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 PM

Did not know this was a forum for english classes. Wow what a bonus!!!! I have a question for you though, why are you in this forum?? Nowhere did you say that you have a 06 or 07 si. Are you that jealous that you made a bad decision in your selection of cars? Or is it that you suffer from an inferiority complex...therefore you go to civic forums and gloat about how fast your mustang and corolla are??

This is why I don't like forums. Topics go off-track and people start getting personal. Please, do us all a favor and post on a mustang or corolla forum.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 PM

a

Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 AM
HCF Member

I was one of the first members on this site, been here for well over 3 years, and im a moderator. Had a turbo'd civicbefore you even knew what a car was. Also, if you could read above you'd see that ive owned 3 civics before. But yeah... let me justify why I am here. You have been here all of 2 days, make a post bashing american cars and then say that I am off-topic. You are so quick to personal attacks over the internet... big man.

Mustang vs Civic, Import vs Domestic... Wow, I swear ive seen this argument once or twice. Welcome to the car world and one of the most debated topics ever. That being said im not even going to get into specifics... its been done over and over and over again. I never bashed your car or civics above. I basically said its classified as an economy car, which it is. My Corolla is an economy car and thats fine with me... its a 4dr/4cyl beast of an economy car and is daily driven as is my Mustang.

I have absolutely nothing against Civics and imports what so ever, so quit putting me in the role of "The Mustang Guy". I replied to your post since you are one of those who feel you have something to prove with your new Si... Ooh, look out world. I see your type all day long at the track... have fun in the 14's. Jealousy is a bitch isnt it?

Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 AM
HCF Member

I finally saw what you posted on page 1 of this thread... funny that you come here talking all big and you dont even have a clue how your own motor works, haha.

About VTEC.....I see a lot of people keep saying VTEC "kicks in" at 6000 rpms. It doesn't kick in here. VTEC is always working across the whole RPM range. What you feel "kicking in" is the bigger cam.....hence DOHC. Bigger cam=bigger valve lift=more power.
wrong... VTEC does kick in. You have 2 cams: 1 intake cam and 1 exhaust cam. The intake side is constantly varying based off of oil pressure readings, and its the valves that are varying. Then at around 6000RPM the cams more aggressive lobes are used to increase power. It does this because if you were to use this cam profile at idle or low RPM your car would stall. That is why it is set to "kick in" at a higher RPM and not "on" all teh time.

ej6........yes......actually if you knew about VTEC.....which is "variable".... it means it varies with the rpm .
wrong... it mainly varies based off of oil pressure and a few other factors, but its not directly related to RPM.

What you feel "kicking in" is the bigger cam.....hence DOHC
The cam is in no way bigger, it has a different profile. One that is more aggressive. DualOverHeadCams meaning an intake and exhaust camshaft... not 2 exhaust cams like you seem to think.

USING VTEC....even at 2000 rpms!!!
wrong again... you arent in lift at 2000RPM, you are in lift at 6000RPM... your valves are being varied at 2000RPM. If you were using Lift at 2000RPM your car would shake like a dragster and then stall.

So wow... 2 lessons in one thread. A "mustang guy" had to teach you how your motor works and how to use proper grammar. See, we arent so bad now are we.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:56 AM

Still didn't answer my question about why you are in this forum. Boy, do you need to learn how to read and develop some self-esteem!!!! You keep beating those 14 second cars. Probably can't do a pullup though lol. Anyways....done with the forum.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 AM

To all the guys that want to talk crap about imports and domestics let me give you a little insight. I built my 96 cobra in my driveway all on my own dime, this car is a beast and sees the track regularly, I have the time slip in the glove that says my baby ran a 11.99 with me behind the wheel. The Si I have is no where near as fast and the cobra cost half as much asHonda but the Si is so much fun to drive everyday I wouldn't change it. Different cars are made for different reasons so to all those ignorant kids out there, v8 muscle is a completely different beast than any 4cly, and to all those ignorant muscle car owners for the price and drivability of little imports you can't go wrong. Everybody needs tochill because there will always be someone faster 4cly turbo or monster v8, just relax. As far as the original post, my first post said it all, pretty good mpg, not to expensive, quick, fun to drive, what else do you need to hear? (Sorry for the long post)

Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 AM

DAMN. play nice ppl. lol.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: silver07si

Still didn't answer my question about why you are in this forum. Boy, do you need to learn how to read and develop some self-esteem!!!! You keep beating those 14 second cars. Probably can't do a pullup though lol. Anyways....done with the forum.
cant do a pull up?... where ever that came from??8 years military, been to Iraq and back but you wouldnt know anything about that.

07Si... nice sounding Stang. Theres no Honda hate, just specific owners who think they know something. The new Si is a monster of a 4-cylinder and is fun to drive. i got to test drive one for about 15 minutes.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 PM

polo that comment wasn't directed at you, its just that when you meet people who constantly try to compare their modded v8 to my DD Si, it gets a little frustrating. When I ask if they want to run my cobra the answer is always the same after they see the time slip, "no man what the F*** you want me to race a track car?" Plus thanks for the complement, I plan on running some form of forced induction in the near future, I hear a nice turbo or Kenne Bell supercharger would make the snake damn near unbeatable in 1/4. But I don't know.

Quick Reply: 06 and 07 Civic Si Owners