General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

06 Civic Si vs 06 Impreza WRX TR Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Default 06 Civic Si vs 06 Impreza WRX TR Sedan

I'm looking into buying a new car and I've narrowed it down to two cars; the Civic Si or the WRX TR Impreza. I want something that will do good in an autocross. I'm not into drag racing either, but I do want something that can take off the line very quick. Right now, I'm leaning more towards the Civic Si because I know Hondas last a long time and because the engines are strong. But I also know that the WRX will perform better in harsh conditions like rain and snow. The WRX is $23,995 and the SI is $20,290. Do you think that if you spend at least $2,500, would an Si out handle a WRX and maybe be more powerful?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Default RE: 06 Civic Si vs 06 Impreza WRX TR Sedan

7 hits and no reply?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Default RE: 06 Civic Si vs 06 Impreza WRX TR Sedan

You should try this question over at NAISOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/index.php?

There are a lot of former/current Civic/Subaru owners that hang out there.

Tough question. I've beend doing a lot of research myself on this.

I have a Civic DX 4 door 5mt, and I've thought about waiting for the Si 4 door to come out this fall. I've been test driving all sorts of cars during the past month or so. I'm proably going to buy a Subaru WRX TR or STi, depending on how much money I can scrap together. All the WRXs come with 4 doors and AWD, and since I'd like to eventually try some rally driving, that makes the decision (very few Hondas in rallying, altho I see several other FWD types of cars out there--anyone know? My DX actually seems too low and too fragile for anything but pavement).

Both Honda and Subaru get excellent ratings for reliability, although Honda's are slightly down lately and Subarus are slightly up.

Hondas are definitely cheaper to insure and always get higher MPG than the Subarus.

Hey! Good luck! Let me know what you find out.