General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

07 civic ex coup questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Default 07 civic ex coup questions

Hey , i've heard from a couple people that cold air intakes do alot for my year and model, is that true? and if so how much hp / throttle sensitivity will i gain? And ive heard alot of good things about AEM so im probly going to go with them. and one final question, whats better a Cold air intake or a Ram air intake?? and if you could explain why.

thanks alot guys

Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 07 civic ex coup questions

ORIGINAL: shroomy07CEX

Hey , i've heard from a couple people that cold air intakes do alot for my year and model, is that true? and if so how much hp / throttle sensitivity will i gain? And ive heard alot of good things about AEM so im probly going to go with them. and one final question, whats better a Cold air intake or a Ram air intake?? and if you could explain why.thanks alot guys
Not by itself. You'd also want to open up the back end too...header, flow-thru cat, flow-thru catback.

You probably also notice almost as much performance gain by swapping on some good tires. What good is power if you can't get it to the ground?

CAI is better for performance if you don't see much moisture. Cold air is denser, so you fit more O2 molecules into the same volume of space. SRI works better if you see moisture, as there's less chance of hydro-locking your engine. Either is better for performance than a stock intake, but you also have to open up the other end to see any real power gains.