General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

13 Lone Wiring Harnesses and some wires Please Help Me Identify Some... lots of pics

Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
HCF Member
Default 13 Lone Wiring Harnesses and some wires Please Help Me Identify Some... lots of pics

Okay so I counted 13 wiring harnesses and some lone wires that are not connected to a thing and i can't tell what they should be or if they should be connected to. I already know what a few are for but the rest i took pictures of and described them giving location and color of the wires. I know that alot of these probly are not important but if i don't figure out what they are for, it will bug me so bad. I have to think that of that many wires not connected at least a few should be. There is one wire i forgot to take a pic of it is a white/purple wire that is underneath the dash by the fuse box just hangin there, well call it number 12. Oh i should mention the car is a 93 civic ex with a b16 the a/c has been removed (which i know is what a few are for). Here is the link to a slide show of the pictures.

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/v...view=slideshow

All the harnesses/wires are numbered from 1-11 so if you know what one is you can identify it by the number. Thanks for the help in advance

BTW I put arrows and circles on the pictures but for some reason they aren't showin up on the slide show so Hopefully you guys won't have hard time seeing which ones i am talkin about

Last edited by joelmatt89; 01-26-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

1a and 1b: Disconnected coolant temperature sending unit, which is needed for the dash temperature gauge. I don't know what what the blue wire is for.

2: Connector is for the cruise control actuator, which you don't seem to have.

3: Connector for hooking up an external tachometer.

4: Not sure. Knock sensor connector? Where does it go?

5: Extra brake light connector for a spoiler?

6: A/C wire harness

7: ?

8: Probably IACV

9: Slave cylinder for clutch.

10: Probably the cruise control connector.

11: ?

Last edited by RonJ; 01-26-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

Wow when i made this thread i was pretty much sure you would reply. thanks so much.
1 i think the previous owner may have pulled the blue wire through there ill look into it prlly pull it out
2. thanks i never would have guessed that yeah i don't have cruise control, sorry i should have said that,
3. really did they come stock like that
4. not sure ill look in a bit, i might have to jack up the car i spent a while tryin to see where it went it is so hard to get to i can't even touch it with my hand,
5. Wouldn't that be in the trunk lid, i am not really gonna worry about that one it doesn't seem important at all
6. thats what i was thinkin
7. Yeah those really seem like they were from the po because he grounded one of the wires in a way that doesn't look stock at all and the conduit the wires are in is def. not stock, ill look into those too prlly pull them out
8. Is that important, i mean i know it's important but where should it plug into.. where is the iacv located... could that explain my high bumpy idle
9. okay thats nice to know so nothin connects to that one spot?
10.makes sense
11. yeah i don't know what that could that will be hard to figure out

Again thanks so much so from what you said i think ill look into 4 and 8. I really appreciate the help your the man

Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

The diagram shows the locations of the TPS, MAP, and IACV on the throttle body. Is the IACV connected to a wire harness?

Name:  picture_1916.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  54.7 KB

Old 01-26-2009, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

Yes all three of those are plugged in, where is the knock sensor

Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

okay 4 goes down a little bit then runs along the top of the oil pan then goes behind the crankshaft pulley wheel or whatever it is called then my fingers can't go any farther but it looks like it stops there cause the conduit stops when looking for the wire colors should i look in the 93 or the 99 manual, like iacv and knock since which maunal should i look in for wire colors

Last edited by joelmatt89; 01-26-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

That sounds like the CKF sensor, but I think that has a 3P connector.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
June 2010 ROTM

5 is the third brake light connector, I think. You probably have a spoiler with brake light in it and they just unplug the interior plug.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

okay well isn't the ckf sensor obd2 and my ecu is obd1 so what should i do just leave it there and not worry about it?, dano there is no spoiler but i agree i was just looking at the diagrams and that looks like what the 2wire connector is for underneath the "rear shelf", any more thoughts on 8? Do you know what sensors were added or removed from 93 to 99 that seems like it would help in diagnosing what these harnesses are for

Old 01-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

CKF sensor has a 3P connector. Knock sensor has a 2P connector, which I think is what you are looking at. Is the connector gray? What color wire(s)?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 13 Lone Wiring Harnesses and some wires Please Help Me Identify Some... lots of pics