General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1991 civic turbo worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
HCF Member
Default 1991 civic turbo worth it?

I don't know it seems like it may be well built but not sure. He had it for sale for a little while now, originally he wanted something around 7g for it so its quite the price drop. I might give him a call tommorow find out what kind of turbo/setup he used and what management he is using although he's including the laptop to make fuel, etc. adustments to the car by the sound of it. Check it out let me know what you think about it. I will get the setup specs on it tommorow.
1991 CIVIC 1.5L Turbo
Body Type: Hatchback
Year: 1991

MUST SELL ASAP! $3950 OBO ......was 5,000.00!!

-Fully rebuilt engine - (now 1,513cc) (2007)
-Turbocharged (6-12psi) with intercooler (2007)
-New paint (2007)
-Extremely clean exterior, interior and engine compartment.
-New brakes, battery and light assemblies -(glass)
-Many, many new components not listed here.
-Very driveable. Like a stock car, but with 50% more H.P.
-Originally purchased car in 2003 (255,000km)
-Present vehicle kms - 342,371
-Present 5-speed transmission kms - 282,000
-Present engine kms - 2,000
-Components, fabrications, and paint total more than $8,000
-1.5 liter, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, three door hatch-back.
-Aluminum wheels, full instruments including boost & AF and stereo.
-Owner, service manual, fuel management program and laptop included.
-Excellent Honda fuel efficiency and reliability maintained.

-offers accepted.
-cannot accept E-mails.
-More information availiable over the phone.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ122737636 (LINK IS SAFE)

Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 PM

If I had the cash, I'd pick it up. But I dunno. There's something about building it yourself instead of buying...

Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM

is this canadian dollars?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

yes its Canadian dollars so it is actually quite a deal for an USA buyer. Although I would love to build my hatch, I really dont have the time this year or the money as the economy is risky. I am going to call him today and get the specs. The owner is supposed to be a mechanic so it may in fact be a well put together car to mess around with, plus if it can run 12 psi of boost, depending on the setup that is quite a bit of boost in this little car.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

it looks like a very clean car, you said you didnt have the time or money to build one, so i think it would be a good start. what is that in us dollars?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow... is that ABS plumbing pipe that I see as the intercooler piping? And why would he use the stock, restrictive, air intake? The car is clean, but I don't know about the engine work... I, personally, would never buy a Civic already turboed.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I wouldn't touch any car with ABS charge piping. If the person that built it skimped that much on something that small, I'd hate to see what else they tried to save money on.

And way to post in the right section, Drew =P

Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

haha thanks chris also thanks guys these are the kind of things I want you to look for and let me know as alot of the members here have more experience then me when it comes to turbos etc. and how a honda like this SHOULD be set up! Speaking of not buying a turbo civic, I would consider this one but its a bit pricey!

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...threadid=98128 (well built) -- runs 11 sec 1/4 mile I have seen the car before, actually the guys that replaced my 180sx turbo one of them owns this vehicle I think.

To tell you the truth Ive also been looking at a few r32 gtr's with blown motors for killer deals http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...hlight=skyline

and this mr2 Ive seen it run at the Edmonton area track it pulled of a low 12's pass in the 1/4 mile, another really well maintained/put together car but you do have to $$ for them. btw that $3950 cdn. in USA dollars would be $3245 not really tat much of a saving but still some! F^%K off topic but my xbox 360 ust got the red ring of death. Now I either get it fixed (its not on warranty) or just say screw it, sell it as-is and all my games (3 lol) controller and buy a ps3!

Last edited by megafandrew; 04-28-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I would be extremely cautious about buying a boosted civic. As said above, many people skimp out on important parts of the setup. Unless they have papers and work done by a good shop, Id stay away unless you have a good look or take someone with you that knows what to look for in a turbo car.

Also....dont buy a PS3!!!!!!! lol My 360 was bought off ebay and was like 3 years old, sent it in with the ring and got a new one free! They dont pay much attention to warrenties apparently.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

^^ I can agree with you on the turbo civic's. The only turbo cars Ill buy probally are like mentioned (the apanese imports that were factory turbo'd) also I suppose I will send in my xbox and see what they say lol. What a disturbing thing to turn it on and see that red light lol. At least I have the wii as well with mario kart ( well its my sisters practically but its in the den so lol....)

Quick Reply: 1991 civic turbo worth it?