General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1995 civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 PM
FRZ
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
How much did you pay for the Civic and how much money have you currently invested in repairs?
I paid $1400 for it two weeks ago and I just recently got it registered last week. I haven't done anything yet besides that.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by FRZ
I paid $1400 for it two weeks ago and I just recently got it registered last week. I haven't done anything yet besides that.
$1400 car purchase price + $2000 repairs = $3400

If you resell the car for about the same as the purchase price, you could likely buy a $3400 Civic that is running and requires little or no work.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 PM

honestly RonJ, this car doesn't look like it's gonna be that hard to restore to decent condition.

I take back my "money pit" statement.

as for the A/C, you can buy the whole entire A/C kit from the dealer brand new for like $600.
EDIT: well, I thought you could... i've seen it before on majestic honda but i'm having trouble locating it.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-07-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
honestly RonJ, this car doesn't look like it's gonna be that hard to restore to decent condition.

I take back my "money pit" statement.

as for the A/C, you can buy the whole entire A/C kit from the dealer brand new for like $600.
EDIT: well, I thought you could... i've seen it before on majestic honda but i'm having trouble locating it.
I don't know Trust. I reread through the posts, and there seems to be a lot of potential work ahead for FRZ. In addition, FRZ has now driven the car, but he hasn't updated us on how the engine and transmission performed and on any new obvious issues that would need to be fixed. My overall impression is that this Civic has been abused and neglected.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM

I don't know Trust. I reread through the posts, and there seems to be a lot of potential work ahead for FRZ. In addition, FRZ has now driven the car, but he hasn't updated us on how the engine and transmission performed and on any new obvious issues that would need to be fixed. My overall impression is that this Civic has been abused and neglected.
True. The easiest thing would definitely be to ditch this project and buy a car that's only problem is it needs new tires or something.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:30 AM
FRZ
HCF Member

Well, I am not good with mechanic as I've never tried to fix a car before beside changing the tire, add oil and coolant. The car seem a little stiff when driving but it doesn't make any noises or nothing. Right now my brother have the car. He suppose to be doing some repair on it so, I'll have to see what he's done and what's left to fix.

Last edited by FRZ; 02-08-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 AM
FRZ
HCF Member

$1400 car purchase price + $2000 repairs = $3400

If you resell the car for about the same as the purchase price, you could likely buy a $3400 Civic that is running and requires little or no work.
I feel like the repair option is better to me since I'll know what is fix and I'll learn more about the parts in the process.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by FRZ
I feel like the repair option is better to me since I'll know what is fix and I'll learn more about the parts in the process.
I must agree that you will learn an enormous amount about cars by fixing the Civic yourself. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
FRZ
HCF Member

I just replaced the exhaust system in the car at Midas this morning cause the old exhaust had a leak and the whole thing was soldered together. I was in PA and drive back to brooklyn and the car started overheating. I notice that after i stopped for gas at the Holland tunnel.Why did that happened?

Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Did you fix the coolant leak, like Trust said? If not, I'd put money on that being why you are over-heating. How's your coolant level?

Quick Reply: 1995 civic