General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2005 Honda Civic- has damage need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Default 2005 Honda Civic- has damage need advice

I want to buy this 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition Automatic 89K miles $5500. It has some damage tho. Of course I'm still going to get the car checked out but do you think it will be fine despite the damage. The seller said it might cost $1400 to get it looking brand new again, do you think this is true? You can clearly see the little bit of damage on the right side. You can't really see this but apparently both bumpers have some damage. Also do you think it will be fine of i don't get it fixed and if its worth $5500 in its current condition?

Flickr: huntercotsoradis' Photostream

The seller aid this about it:

Automatic, Coupe, Power windows, power mirrors, power sunroof, 6 disc CD changer, Premium Sound System, Side impact air bags, rubber floor mats, cruise control, alloy wheels, spoiler, AC, Anti lock Breaks, Two keyless entry key chains, Two Keys. Pretty much every single option available on this car for this year.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

I have the exact same car in magnesium gray. The mileage on the one you're looking at is nice, but it will need a timing belt and water pump change very soon. That's anywhere from $400 - $800 if you don't do it yourself. As far as the side damage, I'd say you're looking at more like $2000 rather than $1400 if you can get away with not having to do anything about the bumpers. I recently looked at a new Civic, and the value on my car on trade was about $5000 and my car has absolutely no damage and the interior has no wear. I also have a brand new set of Michelins on it. I think your seller is asking way too much for what you're going to have to deal with. By the time you're done, you'll have more into it than it's actually worth. Think hard about this one, or make the seller an offer and see what he does. Good luck!
Duane