General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2008 Civic A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Default 2008 Civic A/C

Last May I purchased a new 2008 civic. When the summer came the A/C didn't seem to be working well. It would give out hot air when starting and the temp would fluctuate. I took it to the dealer twice and they said it was worling normally. Took it back a third time and had a mechanic, with a thermometer in the vents, drive with me. The temp ranged from 55-85 degrees. When stopping at lights the gauge on the thermometer would move up. When the light turned green and I stepped on the gas the A/C stopped and then let out a stream of hot air. The mechanic looked at it the next day and said nothing was wrong with the working of the A/C. This year nothing has changed. The A/C never gets cool enough. Anyone else have this problem. Any recommendations?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Curious. What was the mechanic's explanation for how 85F was okay for A/C output?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

It seems to me that they're being lazy towards fixing it especially seeing that there was a problem. I'd try to push alittle harder to them fixing it especially seeing that it jumped to 85 since you do have a warranty. Try to ask for new parts and recharged if your A/C is spewing hot air.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by edwood
Last May I purchased a new 2008 civic. When the summer came the A/C didn't seem to be working well. It would give out hot air when starting and the temp would fluctuate. I took it to the dealer twice and they said it was worling normally. Took it back a third time and had a mechanic, with a thermometer in the vents, drive with me. The temp ranged from 55-85 degrees. When stopping at lights the gauge on the thermometer would move up. When the light turned green and I stepped on the gas the A/C stopped and then let out a stream of hot air. The mechanic looked at it the next day and said nothing was wrong with the working of the A/C. This year nothing has changed. The A/C never gets cool enough. Anyone else have this problem. Any recommendations?
dude no offence but if i was you dude, would be throwing a B.F, if you really want to get rude and nasty with them tell them to fix it or we going to have the B.O.A Overhere i belive boa handles warranty issues as well. its a 2008 and your stuck like your driving a 89 bucket with no a/c thats in my book BOWL ****! i would throw a B.F!

"you get what you pay for" WELL MY FRIEND you unfortunately are not getting what you payed for.