General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

94 Civic Turned Off

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Default 94 Civic Turned Off

I have a 94 civic lx wit the 1.6 Vtech engine... here is my problem, yesterday it rained very hard up in NJ and streets were flooded, so after i got out of work, i started to head home but every street i passed was flooded so i drove slow right through the flood, my car has a body kit on it so it looks pretty low but i haven't dropped it... anyway, i went up a hill and turned on my block to go home, and the car just turned off... i tried to start it but nothing... so i pushed the car down the street and into my driveway... i waited about 3 hours and tried to turn it back on, and nothing... i had my boy come and try to give me a jump and nothing... the alarm on the car is very low so that tells me that the battery is probably dead but why would it just turn off and not turn on when my boy came to give me a jump... anybody have any ideas... please help...

Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 94 Civic Turned Off

Disconnect the battery and hook it to a battery charger. If flooded parts stay energized that just makes the damage worse. Meanwhile take off the distributor cap and wait while you let the car dry out thoroughly. If you drove thru deep water the oil and transmission fluid should be changed to make sure there's no water in there.

Having a car get into flood water will often total it even though it doesn't look bad. The combination of water and mud will ruin every electrical or moving part.