General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

94 Del sol with b16 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
HCF Member
Default 94 Del sol with b16 swap

Hey,

There is a guy selling a 94 del sol with a b16 swap and an integra type R head.
It's got a 2000 civic si tranny.

Here is a list of the engine mods. The engine is fully built.

Engine Mods:
86mm bore Golden Eagle sleeves, 12.5:1 Wiseco Pistons, Eagle Rods, oversized Skunk2 valves, Skunk2 valve springs and retainers, Skunk2 stage 2 cams, AEM cam gears, AEM fuel rail, Skunk2 intake manifold, RPM 72mm throttle body, oil filter relocation kit, oil cooler, Walbro fuel pump, ACT clutch, DC header, and Apexi' exhaust. It also has a set of coil overs and drilled brake rotors.

Lots of other upgrades and mods. it looks pretty good.

Here is the catch tho. The car doesn't run right now. He claims he left it out in the cold weather for a week, then tried to start it and it wouldn't.

He want's $3,500 for it. but is willing to take my offer of $2,800.
Should I get this car?

And what do you think it could be causing it to not start?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:28 AM
August 2010 ROTM

I dunno, I would be unsure of buying any car that won't start. It could be something real small, but if that was the case, why wouldn't the owner fix it and be able to get a lot more money for the car? It could be a bad engine, especially if it's a swapped car; that probably means it's been beat to hell.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 AM
HCF Member

If he built his engine like that than he would be able to fix a small problem causing it not to start. Its probably not built. and engine is probably done with, my friend traded for a car like this, "fully built," it was running though. [he don't listen] and the engine blew about week later and we pulled it apart and everything inside was stock except it had blockguard. He bought another B16 and dropped it in a few days later lulz rich ***.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jwmm04
I dunno, I would be unsure of buying any car that won't start. It could be something real small, but if that was the case, why wouldn't the owner fix it and be able to get a lot more money for the car? It could be a bad engine, especially if it's a swapped car; that probably means it's been beat to hell.
Well the owner is leaving for the army in less than three weeks. He doesn't have time to work on it. Otherwise I think your right he would have fixed it and then sold it.

I'm thinking about trailering it to a shop and having them tell me what the problem is. And if its something small then I go ahead and buy it and get it fixed. but if its something major then i run from this car lol.