General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

97-00 civic ex firewall

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Default 97-00 civic ex firewall

im gonna install a sound system whne i get a civic and i cant find tha firewall to run the powerwires threw... any1 know where it is or can take pics for me on how they ran their wires.... thanks

Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 97-00 civic ex firewall

Two places were I have mine are under the battery where the wire harness goes through, that's a easy one to find in the cabin too. Also were the brake fluid is, on the firewall you will see rubber circle things, I have a wire through there, it comes out in the cabin above the clutch or brake pedal.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

Also were the brake fluid is, on the firewall you will see rubber circle things, I have a wire through there, it comes out in the cabin above the clutch or brake pedal.
you're probably talking about the hole for the cruise control cable... which wouldn't be empty on an EX [8D]

Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 PM

can u post up some pics plz

Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

My bad, I wishI had cruse. OK so for the other one were the harness goes though, you just need to take your battery and battery tray out and you will see a big rubber boot with a harness coming out. That's were you send them though, I cant take a picture because my battery is there. Just make sure after you feed the wires through, you seal the boot back up really good like it was. To find the hole inside just follow your computers harness on the passenger side on the floor.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 PM

o i see what u sayin..... is there any other ways to run tha wires or just tha 2 ways u stated???......i used to have a malibu and it was waaaaay easier than tha civic.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

You can't find the firewall???? Or you mean you can't find any holes that were already made through it. If you have a '99 there is a gromet under the battery, you gotta take it out and then take the batter tray out, then you can cut small hole in it and run the wires through and they come out under the glovebox. If your careful, you could also drill your own. This might be more practical for running lots of wire. I know on websites like crutchfield they sell bushing things for running wires through your own drilled holes.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

I wouldn't recommend drilling your own, I did this in my old car and had a BIG water in my car problem (a stereo shop did it too!![:@]). There are lots of holes, get oneguy to stand on the fire wall and point a flashlight at possible spots, you go inside and look for the light shining through.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:42 PM

I wouldn't recommend drilling your own, I did this in my old car and had a BIG water in my car problem (a stereo shop did it too!!). There are lots of holes, get oneguy to stand on the fire wall and point a flashlight at possible spots, you go inside and look for the light shining through.
thanks ill try that ......... damn wit tha malibu there was hella holes off to tha side, tha civic i thought there would be helllllllla holes because so many of them are suped up and got stereos, its confusing lol....... how bout a 89-91 prelude????

Old 12-09-2007, 05:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BIRDMAN

I wouldn't recommend drilling your own, I did this in my old car and had a BIG water in my car problem (a stereo shop did it too!!). There are lots of holes, get oneguy to stand on the fire wall and point a flashlight at possible spots, you go inside and look for the light shining through.
thanks ill try that ......... damn wit tha malibu there was hella holes off to tha side, tha civic i thought there would be helllllllla holes because so many of them are suped up and got stereos, its confusing lol....... how bout a 89-91 prelude????
Take a pic of your fire wall next to your battery. to the right of you battery. be sure to get the battery in the pic too.
I'll show you the best place to to put your power wire.
I just did mine last week. If I would have seen this before I could have taken pics. It's too cold for me to go out and take pics now.

Quick Reply: 97-00 civic ex firewall