General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

97-00 civic ex firewall

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 97-00 civic ex firewall

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

Also were the brake fluid is, on the firewall you will see rubber circle things, I have a wire through there, it comes out in the cabin above the clutch or brake pedal.
you're probably talking about the hole for the cruise control cable... which wouldn't be empty on an EX [8D]
If you go done a litte more, there should be a hole that you can used. Unless the guys who installed my alarm did it[&:], but I don't think so, since it looks like a factory hole lol. I'll double check.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

when i put mine on my 99ex what i did was take out the battery and the battery tray... and right under the battery tray. now it is used BUT just use a small razor blade and put a slit in the rubber gromet thats half way from the wires and half way from the outter gromet, thiers pleanty of room thier! just be sure to MAKE THE SLIT ON THE GROMET towards the middle of the car.... cause those wires go thru and cut right over to the kick panel on the passenger side, so if you make the slit on the middle side of the gromet youll be fine. then pull your wire or wires THRU the gromet and nowMAKE SURE you have enough wire under the hood where you can use the INLINE FUSE and have enough wire to hookup to the battery terminals. it wont hurt anything to have alittle extra wire under the hood. JUST BE SURE TO USE THAT INLINE FUSE next to the battery!
and once your sure you have enough wire length use some masking tape on the inside of the car all around the gromet and around the new wires going thru it..... now from the top use some silicone all around your slit area and NOW its time to bolt the battery tray back in and run the wires... just run the wires down the passenger side rail/ under the rear side trim panel then under your rear lower seat and into the trunk......

with making a slit in the gromet thier YOU SAVE ruffly 5-6FOOT OF WIRE! AND LOOKS SO MUCH BETER!!!!!

just look at my 99ex that i did compared to my 94ex that i did not wire up.LOL

THE SUPER UGLY POWER WIRE strung across the engine bay... which just LOOKS BAD AND TACKY!!!!!!!

now compare that to my 99civic that i ran thru that lower gromet...

Name:  HIDs033.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  94.3 KB
Name:  newcables008.jpg
Views: 2188
Size:  46.0 KB

NOW REALY do you want to WASTE 5-6foot of wire and have it all stretched across the engine bay? i know you dont....LOL

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

Look at the attached pic;

There should be a grommet where 1 of the arrows is pointing (to the right of the battery). Take that out. (might be hard… mine was) When you take it out, it should look like card board on the other side. Get a metal hanger; unwind it to make it straight. Stick that though the hole. It should just pop that card board right out. It’s the size of a silver dollar. You can do it with a screw drive also just to get it open. With that done, slide that hanger in downwards. Be sure you’re on the other side of cardboard stuff. When you have your hanger in about 1 foot. Go inside your car and look / feel behind your heater blower box. If you see it then you did it right. If not then keep trying. If you do see it, Get some tape and attach 1 end of your wire to the hanger. Go back out under the hood and pull the hanger. It should come right out. And PRESTO… you have it. Cut a little hole in the grommet. Feed the wire through and put the grommet back in its place.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

Hey addiction, Whats up with that little red wire going across your engine bay. Thats tacky. LOL

Old 12-09-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

now compare that to my 99civic that i ran thru that lower gromet...

NOW REALY do you want to WASTE 5-6foot of wire and have it all stretched across the engine bay? i know you dont....LOL

o i see, so u gotta slit a hole inot that black thing where ur wires were runnin throught, and it should come out threw tha passanger side kick panel...... ay can u take a pic of tha inside of tha car where u fed tha wires through

Old 12-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well its on my 99civic which is in the shop parked...
but the stock wires come down right around the middle of the glove box under the dash....
just pop your head under the dash and look at the wires... they come STRAIGHT DOWN and then turn to the kick panel...

and i believe those other gromets as the other guy arrowed out in my picture is spots for the AC lines.... so if you have AC then they probably have steel hoses thru them.LOL

and 2slo4u weell that TINY red wire is my siren wire.LOL i ran outta black wire when i ran the siren wire..... was suposed to be a temp wire BUT what can i say... it works and im to lazy to rewire it! LOL
i want to do alot...... but when it comes down to it i just dont feel like geting off my @ss and going to do it!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

Damn that looks like a freaking powerhouse addict :-)

I went with the lower grommet on the drivers side, because i was simply too lazy to look for something else. And it was still a chore getting my cables through it.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

and 2slo4u weell that TINY red wire is my siren wire.LOL i ran outta black wire when i ran the siren wire..... was suposed to be a temp wire BUT what can i say... it works and im to lazy to rewire it! LOL

1/4" wire loom would take care of that.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya it may be BUT im not a wire loom kinda guy. LOL id rather replace it with another black wire routed thru the factory wiring looms.... BUT when i do redue it im gonna put the siren more back towards the firewall so i wont need that much wire anyways..... i didnt know that the siren i have had 2 quiter settings and if i just cut those two black loop wires the siren would be louder.... found that out a few days ago..... so now i can move the siren back and should still be able to hear it great...

and ya i got some juice wired up preaty good thier... like about 100-150bucks in just WIRE TERMINALS thier..... no wiring included in that price that gets expensive! BUT i wanted anything i changed to be FUSED... only wire thats NOT fused is the starter wire cause i wasnt sure how much juice that sucker would pull! the others where guesses.... i think i got 40amps in them... then i got both power and ground wires 1/0gauge size ran under the car and then poping up thru from under the backseat and ran into the trunk... with wire THAT LARGE and thick its almost IMPOSIBLE to hide under the carpet and channeling so i didnt even try! but i still have my old 4gauge wire ran to the trunk just not conected on the fuse box with a fuse.... and i have another 8gauge wire ran into the car as well to power my radio and anything else i dont want to hook up to the fuse box...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:51 PM

o im startin to get tha picture now.... thanks

Quick Reply: 97-00 civic ex firewall