General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Advice for a "noob" :) ( which civic? )

Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Umm
Default RE: Advice for a "noob" :) ( which civic? )

i like sedans more room and its not a pain in the *** to squeeze in more then 2 people, i fuigre there's not much diffrence performance or price wise... so why not get some extra comfort... and umm civic's befor 96 dont have power options?(windows locks sunroof)(like the sunroof and powers windows)..... and i should get a civic either 90-95 or 96-00 under 150,000 miles in good condition( if timing belt hasnt been changed then... ?cost?) then ill look further into bolt ons and 3k for a 97 civic after fixin it up seems like a teal nice deal but the car had some major problems ? how much should i expect to pay for 90-95 96-00 civic's. i havent done any shoping around, but i have seen online around 3000-10000 very broad price ranges, would just like to know the general value of the car so i know when im getting a good deal

thnx for all the help so far

Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

the value of the car depends greatly on the mileage, year, condition, service history, and a multitude of other factors. if you have a specific car in mind, post a link to it and we'll take a look.

beyond that, I should tell you that I got quite a deal on my car as I bought it from a young married couple who needed to get rid of it quick because there was a baby on the way. they had done no research to see what the car was worth. I bought it literally within 24 hours of it being listed on cars.com.

look there... it's a great resource along with craigslist.com

Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Where do you live, around here most Civics are pretty expensive for what you get. Iwould take my time looking at cars so I can get good feel how much the car is really worth. Maintenance records are golden but make sure the car you are looking at didn't get into some major wreck. Have a shop put the car on rack to see if there are any structual damage. Anyways with 4000 you can get a decent car.

Timing belt replacement can run from 200 to 400 bucks depending who does the work and if they replace all the belts with the water pump.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

Most shops around Ohio will estimate 300-600 for the timing belt replacement. Very few will do it without replacing all of the belts and the water pump. There is too much liability for failure, and they do not want to deal with the accountability concerns people will have about what exactly it was that destroyed their engine.

I agree that $4000 will get you a decent running car.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Umm

ok well ive looked at a few site's mentioned and ive came up with 2 choises.... either 1. pay a lower price for a 95 and fix it up( total would prolly run like... 7kish ?) or go with the 2001 model( which i like more) run from 5k to 10k used so if i got a lower priced one it would prolly end up around 10k total ? note: 2001 models look alittle more spacy and look alot sharper

Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

Lookie here!
And here!
Another here!
And maybe one more here!
These are more what I was thinking for you. I have three friends that drive the same thing and they love it.

Took me forever to figure out the link creation system for this site. I'm retarded because it's simple too.

BTW...check out this rice.
This is what you should avoid like the plaigue.
[align=center] [/align]

Old 05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Umm

ok yea... i wasnt planing on buying anything like that last car, iwas thinking on buying something like the first 4 then putting some stuff on them ( kinda like the last car, except not as much) ? is that wrong ?

Edit: i realy like that forth car

Old 05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

That fourth car is actually really nice. Seems like I thought that it might go for a reasonable price as well. I dunno why. Might be worth keeping an eye on, aye?

As for that last car, I think it's quite heinous looking. I can assure you that any car that is even remotely riced out will be a target on ANY college campus. Plus cops love 'em. I made this a while back and it's not the same car, but you get the idea:

Old 05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Umm
and umm civic's befor 96 dont have power options?(windows locks sunroof)(like the sunroof and powers windows)
they do, he meant get the ex trim because it has auto stuff.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Umm

yea i wasnt thinking about making my car that umm flashy.... but i do like the look of skirts.. would it be a problem with a darker color paintjob ? i can imagine the main reason cars like that are targeted is the bright color's catch people's attention quickly...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice for a "noob" :) ( which civic? )