General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Another EF =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 PM
HCF Member
Default Another EF =)

So I have finally found myself another EF hatch. Its not in too bad of condition. Not for me anyways. This one is a 91, and has some rice to get knocked off. Has no muffler, while the car is White, the hood and gas lid are primer black. Has some bondo and primer on roof and rear passenger side. Body work looks like it was actually don't correctly. Will have to inspect better when I actually get the car. Getting for $500. Woulda been more if the person knew it actually runs. They had NO clue what they were doing. Rear speakers are ran to the brake lights. Yeah, brake lights. So was the Amp. * face palm * Grounded amp to fuel pump. Radio was 100% wrong. Fuses were nearly all blown. Geeee.. I wonder why.
I should be picking the car up next week, if not the week after. Pics to come.

So this build won't be another epic V8 build. I need a reliable ride for a while. So expect a mild build. Rear wheel disk conversion, light upgrade, radio, console, new paint job, bumpers painted to match, mild tint, 2 or 3 inch drop, 16' rims. The good stuff.

Any opinions on clean add-ons? I have been looking at the EF9 front bumper, but unsure what all is needed to swap. EF9 front bumper is wider than stock.

Engine I'm thinking DOHC ZC or z6. Mild turbo setup. Been looking at the VS-XX rims. Oh man. * Drool *

Old 02-15-2010, 12:02 AM
HCF Member

These are the rims I'm thinking of. Different color center. But it shows the general idea.

And the EF9 front bumper, for those who don't know what I'm talking about

Last edited by PunisherInOKC; 02-15-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 AM
HCF Member

Get the pinstripe n the trim after paint lol and DOHC ZC loks s good in an ef lol

Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

get an ek haha j/k... i said it on aim and ill say it again, i wanna see another v8 civic build..

Old 02-15-2010, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

I didn't like EF's before either. But since I have owned one, I have gotten attached. I've driven EF's, EGS, and EKs, and love the handling of the EF the best.
Going to remove of door trim just before paint. Have the holes covered.

It will most likely be summer before my project thread begins. I just hate working on cars in the cold.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Good luck on it Punisher, sounds like you have alot of work to do before the car is right again...I am left wondering though, why would you want your speakers wired to the brakelights?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

All the wiring will take me 10-20 minutes to fix. I already see and know the issues. I have NO clue what they were thinking when they wired the speakers to the tails. It makes a good bump when you tap the brakes. lol. Its a friend of a friend kinda thing. So its my car no matter what. =)
The car is in better condition than my original hatch was when I got it. So this should.. SHOULD.. be a quicker/easier build. I'm really wanting to get paint on it quick, shortly followed by those rims and a drop. The rest can take longer if needed.=)

Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Im sure you used to working at a dealership, you never know what you have until you start working on it and thing unfold...I went to Auto Class in HS and we had some seem to easy things to fix that took atleast a couple days to a week to fix...I never know what your original hatch looked like....I would be happier doing wiring more than trying to fix a crushed quarter panel anytime...hah

Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

My original hatch had vinyls on it, bad brakes, bad alignment, wiring, dents all over the place. had starter issues and just a bunch of BS. Realized the front clip was replaced. Welded in. Dunno how I didn't see that when I bought it. It made for fitment issues and nothing wanted to just screw in/out. Oh, rear cross member ended up cracking, then fully failing. That was a fun repair. lol

This new one I went over pretty well. The only issues were with the radio/speaker wiring. Dude was a dee-dee-deeee! The body is straight. The owner before these guys did a proper job by the look of it. Just needs some small dents pulled < hail > and some paint. =)

Quick Reply: Another EF =)