General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

anyone race a corba?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 PM
HCF Member
Default anyone race a corba?

ok soo im like seriously wantin to race a cobra. first let me say i know alota u guys hate street racing, i only do highway..its kinda safer..no red lights, traffic crossing an so on.
..ive raced evo9's, sti's an bet em but id love to try to go up against a 00 an up cobra, i hear they run like 12's stock, i know id probly loose but id love to give it a try. As anyone here raced on before?? does anyone know how fast they really are?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone race a corba?

nice ride u got whats the setup, How much psi you run it at? Is that a b16 or a b18c

Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

The last time I had a conversation with you, you hadn't even driven that car yet. Which is it? Have you been driving it and beating these Evo 9's and STi's, or have you not driven the car you bought and not built?

Highway, sidestreets, it doesn't matter. Street racing claims lives no matter where you do it.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Old 01-25-2008, 04:14 AM

PNK SLP....Save your time, energy and money. A Cobra will bury you in a heartbeat! And by the way, how about taking it off the street/highway and onto the drag strips.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:17 AM
HCF Member

1/4 mile for the win!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

PNK SLP,
Your setup is impressive, but what kind of top end do you have? Road race is alot different than street racing, and probably even more dangerous. I would say you could beat a stock SVT Cobra off the line and in the 1/4 since you're lighter, FWD, and have more hp, but a modified Cobra would give you a run or edge you out. And on the freeway, the Stang would more than likely take you there (more balanced and built for top end).

Geno

Old 01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

The last time I had a conversation with you, you hadn't even driven that car yet. Which is it? Have you been driving it and beating these Evo 9's and STi's, or have you not driven the car you bought and not built?

Highway, sidestreets, it doesn't matter. Street racing claims lives no matter where you do it.

alright man seriously i dont know what the dealis ...but why is it everytime i post u have flam or bash on me, I mean i didnt come in here startin sh-t or anything sooo id just like to know why u have a problem with me...

i do have my car, its in washington, an yeah i have raced an beat evo 9's anyways id love to go to the strip but intill i have a roll cage i can only do one pass.

an live_4 it i have a gsr motorboostin at 15psi

Old 01-25-2008, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

let us know how much your ticket is gonna be and how much it's gonna cost to get your car back.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: geno95

PNK SLP,
Your setup is impressive, but what kind of top end do you have? Road race is alot different than street racing, and probably even more dangerous. I would say you could beat a stock SVT Cobra off the line and in the 1/4 since you're lighter, FWD, and have more hp, but a modified Cobra would give you a run or edge you out. And on the freeway, the Stang would more than likely take you there (more balanced and built for top end).

Geno

Wow dude, please stop, this makes absolutely NO sense. First of all when you talk about off the line and how the civ has the advantage you are COMPLETELY wrong. FWD is a DISADVANTAGE not an advantage and the cobras low end torque would be of major benefit.

Second of all, when you talk about the Stang taking it on the freeway, WTF?!?!?! does "it is more balanced and built for top end" mean. If anything, this is where having more overall horsepower (as you say the civic does) becomes the advantage and since higher speeds allow you to stay in your powerband longer (because the tach doesn't move as quickly) peak power becomes a determining factor.

Seriously PNK SLP i mean no offense to Geno, but everything he said is absolutely wrong and you should not regard it at all. Again Geno I mean no offense but think about some of the comments I made and maybe you'll see why what I was talking about is correct (PM if you have any questions)

Quick Reply: anyone race a corba?