General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Badge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM
HCF Member

picture!!!!! HAAAAAA you still have the sig i made :P

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 03-05-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by AlbeUrDemise
best way to De-badge something, is to go to your local wall-mart or something... and look in the paint section for adhesive remover, wont hurt the paint and it's great to get all kinds of stickers, decals, logos, emblems etc... off with out damaging the paint, but you will need plastic razor blades those you can pick up in wall-mart in the knitting section or parts department... they might even have some near the tools, or gun section.
This isn't a thread about de-badging. He wants to put it back on and needs information on how to do it.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Iron_Man_2010
I was recently washing and waxing my 94 lx when i barely touched the badge and of course it falls off. It left a bunch or residue and some of it looked like rust. I dont know if I should attempt to put it back on or try to clear the spot up? any ideas?

FYI Look up ^

Anyway if he wanted to clear it up my method of de-badging would work regardless if he wanted to put it back on, if he wanted the emblem back on all he'd have to do is get some silicone or emblem glue from wall mart while he was getting supplies to get the old glue and rust etc.. off.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

Not trying to pick a fight or anything - my interpretation is that he was thinking about just putting it back on, then asked if he needed to clear it up the spot before putting it back on. The only ones that mentioned 'Debadging' were sfazngiants and you.

And honestly - to remove adhesive (or bug-juice, or other odd blemishes), you don't need to go any farther than good ol' WD-40, a rag, and some vigorous scrubbing - something everybody probably already has. Then follow up with a wash (using degreaser first on the WD-40 spot) then wash & wax as normal - you will need to at least wax the area where the WD-40 and degreaser were used... might as well do the whole car though.

The 'rust' is probably just adhesive with dirt 'stained' into it from years of weathering and breaking down, hence the reason it fell off in the first place. In that case, clean the area (using whatever method you choose - I'm sure they all work just fine) and stick the badge back on with some emblem adhesive. Make sure you get in back in the right place the first time though - otherwise, you'll have to clean the excess adhesive from where you 'missed.'

Don't sand anything until you figure out whether or not the stain comes off with a cleaner first.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

lol... what i meant was the same method can be use to remove the residue/ clearing it up as de-badging. i also wrote about how he can attach the signs back on.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

I know - we're good here. Sounds like some of us had slightly different impressions of what Iron_Man_2010 wanted. And good advice was offered for many different options.

No worries.