General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Car questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Default Car questions

Im just woundering sinceI am new to working on cars and learning about them if...
1) could you swap out a whole engine in a civic with better performance without messing anything up?
2) putting turbo, supercharger, or nos is 2 hard on a stock engine?
3) what year civic do you guys find the best to be?
4) what are some good mods for performance and looks that you guys would recommend?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car questions

welcome to the forum what yr is ur civic?

1- yes u can theres alot of engines out there to think about it comes down to how much money u want to spend and u wont mess anything up in the process sometimes u will lose like cruise control or maybe some ppl lose the a/c but its up to u.

2-b4 u start goin this route u need to make sure ur engines is in "good health"

3- idk the good answer for this but i hear and read that a car with obd-1 or 92-95 civic is best cause the ecu is easier to tune i believe im srry dont know alot bout this

4- u could start out by buyin some suspension the lower the car the better it handles and maybe just an intake. but if ur goin forced induction theres no point on buying a header or intake cause u will just waste $$
good luck

Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM

wellcome to the life of hondas you my not know much now but ill come pretty fast but to the point dependin on what honda you have but more then likly you runin a D15 or D16 witch is a single cam engine only good for 95-115 from 88-2000 but if you what to make it fast start with an engine swap no use in turbo or super charger cuz on the single cam you lookin at only 190hp and 5gz outa pocket so this is what i sugest and i think other will agree moter swap man go with a h22 or b18c h22 is my fav i have used the h22's 4 years great power and tq well hope that help you out

Old 02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: talkedglint

Im just woundering sinceI am new to working on cars and learning about them if...
1) could you swap out a whole engine in a civic with better performance without messing anything up?
2) putting turbo, supercharger, or nos is 2 hard on a stock engine?
3) what year civic do you guys find the best to be?
4) what are some good mods for performance and looks that you guys would recommend?
1) Just about anything is possible with enough time and money.
2) Yes, but some stock engines are up to moderate amounts of this.
3) It depends on what YOU want. I like the '96-'05 sedan bodystyles the best, with the EX trim for VTEC and luxury options. Many people don't like the '01-'05 SOHC engines because they are not as mod-friendly as other engine generations. The '06-present sedan bodystyle is growing on me. I don't race, but I travel at high altitude often enough to appreciate a car that can pass at 10K ft.
4) Lightweight rims and UHP tires are my favorite mod that improves both aesthetics and performance.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM

I dont have a Honda Civic yet I just turned 16 recently and im looking to buy a civic... I am intuned to the drifting and racing lifestyle. I am trying to find the money to both buy aCivic and fix it up nice. Recently i havent been able to find anyone thats hireinglocal in Califorina.

[/align]