General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic Key Fob + Starter?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Default Civic Key Fob + Starter?

I'm now the proud owner of my very first car, a 2007 Honda Civic LX

I'm very happy with it so far, but something has been nagging me. I love the fact that the key is a door remote in itself, but I was dissapointed to find out thatit can't remotely start the engine, and that Ineed a second fob forthat. Since the remote starter comes in really handy in the cold winter we get around here,I'm stuck carrying both of them around,

I can use either one to lock/unlock the doors, but only the one on the right to remote start the car. I've tried looking around, but I have yet to find any integrated key fobs that can start an engine.Does anyone know of one that can? Or would it be possible to say, reprogram the Panic button on my integrated Honda key fob to start the car, so that I can discard the other one?

I believe the most expensive trim, the EX, has a key fob that includes a remote trunk opener, such as this one,

Would that one be reprogrammable to remote start the car?

I know it's a weird and minor detail to obsess over. But between the wallet, the cell, the PDA and the chunky key/remotes, my pants are starting to looka little overstuffed