General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

converting engine and turbo :S

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Default converting engine and turbo :S

Hello all,

Iam currently looking for a honda civic ek shape and am quite new with all the honda jargon that honda fanatics come out with. so in simple terms for a newbie could you answer the following.

I want to get a civic say... 1.5 lsi or esi what ever they are then change it to a b18 engine so for this step what are the complications and problems?

Say i didnt get a lsi and got a 1.4 ek would there be any more problems or are they the same?

What sort of money am i looking at for a b18 engine and all the extras i will need?

Once the engine is installed i plan to modify it so obviously first stage is turbo kit can you buy complete ones with everything including the ecu and injectors?

Do you know any one whos done this sort of thing before, how much did they end up spending?

Thanks for your time just want to see what the score is before i sell my subaru and buy a civic. i am intending to get it all done at once so the engine change and turbo fitted all at the same time once i have saved a bit of £££.

Thanks all look forward to your replys.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: converting engine and turbo :S

your canadian, and therefore i cant help you in $ figures. The d15/d16 to b18 is fairly simple. you need ECU axels, harness, transmission and linkage. you can buy a relitivley complete turbo kit. i mean relitivley by the fact that they will not come with an ECU becuase you should already have one, also each ECU for each car needs a different custom tune. Injectors come with some, but most go with DSM injectors or RC Engenering (SP) injectors. Now, why exactly are you going to go straight boost? if i were you, i would build the block and head up a little bit so that the engine will be more reliable to the added power and heat. im doing a turbo d16 and thats what im doing, building the motor. also, thats what every one else will tell you here. enjoy your stay

Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

your canadian
Not quite im english :P

Thanks for the advice i plan to save up so i can get it all done at once, i would rather one huge power gain than lots of little ones, the atleast the fun factor lasts that little bit longer. What do you mean by block and head work exactly then?

Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 PM

ahah, i just like the automatic assumption you were canadian. That was funny turtle

Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

^ sorry man, i thought ESI and stuff were only in canada...i guess they got them other places.

Block and head work is like better pistons, bore/hone....conecting rods. stuff like that. Head work is like valves, springs..stuff up there...all kinds of little things need to be done before you can bost safley