General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

coupe/sedan/sound systems/special edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 04:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: coupe/sedan/sound systems/special edition

totally. but it you think paper speakers, cloth surround, and an astronomical 10 watts rms is great, then im sorry []

Old 01-19-2005, 07:56 PM

Thanks Remington,

I am in NY.IfI should go that route I will call you and work with a local repair shop. It's that new VW'S have such awesome stock sound systems...I was hopin' and a hopin' that new Civ's had something at least decent.I am no stereo freak so I'll just deal with whatever.Or,like you said,perhaps an after market upgrade.Would that be in the neighborhood of $500.00? Feel free to burst my bubble again!! I don't know jack about this. I am seriously likin' the new Civic Coupes though! Other than the spoiler and a 6 speaker instead of 4...I am not sure what the benefits of "Special Edition" are?? Comments?

Old 01-19-2005, 08:08 PM

It's alwsy easy to upgrade a sound system vs. upgrading your engine.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

Well, your VW most likely features a Monsoon sound system. They have 4 speakers in the front and 2 in the back. If I were you, I'd just use that $500 to get a decent amp and sub. I am a purist in audio, I myself have spent a tad bit more on my system.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:30 AM

since I have big wheels and low profile tires on my car, you can really see the brakes. The place where I got my tires mounted painted my brake calipers (the part you saw painted) so they didn't look ugly when they're seen

My sound system in my car isn't much, but I know that my car has the speakers in it that everyone was supposedly ranting and raving about back when it first came out. they have two small speakers for the upper range mounted high up on the doors, and the bigger speakers mounted lower on the doors then there are two in the back. I have a Pioneer head unit which only puts out 50 watts per channel, but I tell ya, I can crank that thing so loud that my ears hurt. This is all done without any speaker distortion at all, and I have the bass up enough so it sounds good, not tinny, but it's not turned up too much. That's where the good sub and amp would come in so that you could turn the bass farther down in the speakers (or crossover to sub at a higher frequency) to save the speakers a ton of work. However I wouldn't buy a car because it has a good factory stereo in it. Like everyone says, you could get a better one for 1/4 the price because they just overcharge ya.