General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

coupe vs. sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
HCF Member
Default coupe vs. sedan

Just a simple question but why dont people really tune the sedan civics why is it mostly the coupes? is it just the looks because i was actually thinking about getting one so i told my friend and he told me that the coupes look better and that the sedan look to big/ugly and now for some reason i think so too lol
and one time at school a kid got made fun of for driving/tuninga 4 door.
Do people ussually make fun of guys who tune 4 doors? is it consider dumb to tune a 4 door?
Long story short i just wanted to know why but i wont be getting one anymore.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Default RE: coupe vs. sedan

Idon't think it's dumb to tune a sedan.
They weigh a little more, but for daily driving it's not a big deal.
For a track car it would probably be smarter to go with a hatch or coupe.
But having 4 doors can be pretty convenient when you often have more than 2 people in your car -trust me.
Sounds like those kids at your school are pretty closed-minded to me...

Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Also companies usually dont make four door sports cars, they leave all the better engine and better handling to two door cars

Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

I've always thought 4dr civics don't look right. It has nothing to do with tuning/modding, just doesn't look right.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

Coupes are cool when you ride with just 2 people.. When I ride with my parents I hate driving my Si.. Sliding seats back and fort [:'(]. I either get a ride with my dad which owns a 96 Civic Lx Sedan much easier to access the doors or I use my other car a 94 Accord Ex 4 door when I carry more than 3 passengers

These pictures are from " SEPAT" This is a JDM car and he is located in Japan.
I like this car for being a 4 door..Looks really sick. I believeit has a B18 engine on it

Old 03-07-2008, 12:51 AM

Let's see, Honda themselves tuned my 4 door Civic into an Si. It's all personal preference with these cars since the sedan only weighs like 80lbs more than the coupe. I prefer the look of the sedan myself. Plus I have a wife and a kid so it works alot better for me too.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 AM
HCF Member

civic sedan FTW!!!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:07 AM

Tune whatever you want! It's your car, and if it makes you happy, that's the only thing that's important.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 AM
HCF Member

i have a coupe, yes i think they look better, but if the car is your daily driver, i would rather have a 4 dr. but for hondas they have the same motor as the coupes as long as they are the same model.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:12 AM

I HAVE A 93 FOUR DOOR AND A 95 HATCH. IDK IF ITS TRUE BUT MY DOOR TAG SAID MY 4DR WEIGHED LIKE 180LBS LESS THAN BY BUDDIES SI COUPE. PERSONALLY I LOVE 4 DOORS. ITS THE NEW THING, LOOK AROUND STI, EVO, HELLO THE NEW CIVIC SI MUGEN AND MANY MORE ONLY COME IN A FOUR DOOR. ALMOST EVERY NEW "SPORT CAR" HAS A 4 DR OPTION.MOST PEOPLE SWAP FOR A B SERIES THE ENGINE BAY IS THE SAME IN THE 2/3/4DRTHE ONLY DIFF IS BODYKITS, HOOD, ECT. AND THE CIVIC 4 DRS HAVE ALL THE SUPPORT THEY NEED IN THAT DEPT. SO REALISTICALLY TUNING POTENTIAL IS THE SAME EITHER WAY. THE DIMENTIONS OF THE CAR ARE BASICALLY THE SAME. I LOVE MY FOUR DOOR AND DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A 15 MONTH OLD IN THE BACK OF A LOWERED HATCH. P.S. TELL THOSE KIDS AT YOUR SCHOOL THERE IGNORANT A**HOLES. I WOULD GET A 4DR OVER A COUPE ANY DAY OF Name:  Scott020.jpg
Views: 4059
Size:  124.1 KB

Quick Reply: coupe vs. sedan